Do these tyres look right on the wheels ?

I disagree tell them you want new wheels and the correct tyres or a full refund and a possible chat with trading standards.
They could have killed people with their incompetence.
I like that approach better!

Some of you clearly have no clue about tyres.

Those tyres are rated for up to a 9" width as determined by ETRTO - Check the Nakang Data AS-2+

Its the design of the Rim outboard of the Tyre bead, it looks quite thick, and as such sticks out a bit.

The tyres are perfectly within spec, but if you want to cover the rim with a rim protector you will probably need to go wider.

Its a styling issue, not a tyre fitment / safety issue.

@MK2Golf24v did you miss my question?
I have no technical expertise in this field but wondered if you did? Just curious as to your thoughts on an explanation of the photos?
Please put all our minds at rest that the chap will be safe.

@MK2Golf24v did you miss my question?
I have no technical expertise in this field but wondered if you did? Just curious as to your thoughts on an explanation of the photos?
Please put all our minds at rest that the chap will be safe.
He'll be perfecty safe, with it correctly inflated as per any tyre.

As i said, its a styling issue. He's got a tyre thats at the upper end of the approved width. If he doesn't like the look (Some call it stretched, but really its not stretched if its within the approved sizes) Then change the tyre for something a bit wider.

As a note though, with a 9" rim, looking at the Nankang data linked above, there is no wider AS-2 tyre that fits with a 103 load rating. The 275/40/20 that many on here use is only approved for a 9.5" wide rim. So he'd need to change brand / tyre.

We don't pretend to be experts in all fields..... it's a Forum @MK2Golf24v we're just offering an opinion or hopefully sound Advice, or even just some Hope and Support to Friends ... if we can help someone out or save them some money .... i have never seen a Tyre on a wheel like that, with the Tyre not even touching the thick rim of the wheel

i would be so disappointed in spending out a couple of grand on wheels and Tyres and it looked like that

and the risk of wheel damage every time you parked next to a curb is Surely not right ... he has already had a tyre deflate

so wheel see what the outcome is, i spose lol

We don't pretend to be experts in all fields..... it's a Forum @MK2Golf24v we're just offering an opinion or hopefully sound Advice, or even just some Hope and Support to Friends ... if we can help someone out or save them some money .... i have never seen a Tyre on a wheel like that, with the Tyre not even touching the thick rim of the wheel

i would be so disappointed in spending out a couple of grand on wheels and Tyres and it looked like that

and the risk of wheel damage every time you parked next to a curb is Surely not right ... he has already had a tyre deflate

“Wheel see what the outcome is!”

Brilliant - I doff my cap at excellence!

Salop vans fit that size tyre on there vans too. I soon swapped my tyres well, wheels and tyres actually :p

It was the "trading standards" "name and shame" "the tyre fitter is incompetant" comments that are disgraceful, and completely out of order given they tyres are technically ok.

Perhaps folk should take a lesson to consult the tyre manufacturer websites, and look at the tyre specs in detail. Its not complicated stuff.

For info, its also typically possible to get approval to fit tyres to a half inch wider rim, i have letters from both falken and toyo to fit 215 tyres to 9x16 rims for example, when the approved max is 8.5"

Back