Do I need a 3/4 socket set for a T6?

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Having got rid of my 3/4 & 1” drive socket gear years ago I now have the opportunity to buy a very reasonably priced 3/4” socket set.
Question is do I need a 3/4” set to maintain a Transporter, is there a task that requires a socket bigger than 30mm?

Having got rid of my 3/4 & 1” drive socket gear years ago I now have the opportunity to buy a very reasonably priced 3/4” socket set.
Question is do I need a 3/4” set to maintain a Transporter, is there a task that requires a socket bigger than 30mm?
I cant answer that 100% for sure. But I would say I dont have a 2/4" socket set and I have done loads of work myself (including change the suspension) and I've never needed one.

@DXX you know your inner engineer wants it! There will probably be an occasion when you need to lay your hands on it

@DXX you know your inner engineer wants it! There will probably be an occasion when you need to lay your hands on it
I’m resisting nice to haves as I already have a collection of ‘maybe come in handy’, it’s true they do come in handy.....once every 20 years, to fix somebody elses stuff!
So if you’re not careful you end up becoming a work for free provider / free tool store.

I’m resisting nice to haves as I already have a collection of ‘maybe come in handy’, it’s true they do come in handy.....once every 20 years, to fix somebody elses stuff!
So if you’re not careful you end up becoming a work for free provider / free tool store.
Oh, that is so true! I now don’t lend my tools out anymore....especially when one brazen “mate” returned by favourite electric (steel bodied) tile cutter with a casual as you like “I broke it - they’re only cheap, aren’t they?!!”
*I say “mate” as surely no one decent would do that with something borrowed

Back