DIY Beds

Dalesrunner

VIP Member
Hi all

I've been searching for some DIY bed ideas, as some of the ones I've found online are quite expensive. I've found a couple of previous posts, searching for "DIY beds", so maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but I'd be grateful to see what you've managed to build yourself for a T6 transporter for 2 people, one of which is 6ft1.

Also, if you know of any self-build plans that are available, that would be great.

Many thanks
Claire

Ikea, they do a small sofa bed type thing which was just around £100... May be an idea to see how you get on. Some mods needed for wheel arches I think. If you search IKEA that may help bring those threads up... Perhaps you've seen...

Try find an Ikea lycksele. You’ll need to raise it over the wheel arches but I have the solution to that I could sell you

I would recommend something like this Van-King VW T5 / T6 Kombi Beds | Van King. I saw their kombi bed system some time ago and thought about buying one myself,
I have the Van King bed and sliding tray fitted in my van it’s brilliant and very versatile, I carry our Alpicool fridge, porta potty, and 3 - 35 litre storage boxes on the tray.
Behind the tray and my Kombi 3 seats I’ve built a box which holds 2 - 100ah lithium batteries, Victron charger, 1500 watt inverter, buzz bars and my 240 volt electrics.

John.

IMG_1278.jpeg

Back