Retrofit T6 style bed board in T6.1

racerke600

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I just finished my DIY slide-pod / pull out tray for my california coast 6.1
The thing that bugs me, is the fact that the original bed board with lounge function looses much space underneath.
I've seen the solution from a german guy, who raises the existing board.
That's one solution to gain some extra centimeters.
But I now have the oppurtunity to buy a used bed-board from a T6, I would still need to buy (or diy) the original mounting brackets for the cabinets and side panels.
If I adjust the t6.1 board, it will sit approx 4,5cm higher. But the lounge mechanism which we don't use will still be there taking space and weight.
If i'm able to fit the older style bed board, I'll gain 4,5cm on top and also about the same underneath, beacause of no lounge function.
Does anyone have experience with these bed boards in a T6 ? And would retro fitting the fixings be a breeze or a pain in the ****. ;-)
Included some pictures from the german solution, and a T6 board with fixings for reference.

Greetings from Belgium

2023-02-15 21_59_22-Window.png

Links.JPG.1d8bb82f33667670efa4a7fb8b1c6a1b.jpg

Bett.JPG.04c8ccae12dceb1a59c865cc8104956e.jpg

I remember seeing that German solution and thinking how neat it was.

I would say your challenge would be finding a suitable support for your new bracket on the right hand side, above the wheel arch. The cupboards would be easier, one potential issue maybe any holes left behind from the existing fixings.

I suppose you could use the existing fixings and a bracket (like the German solution does) to fit with a T6 board. That way you have a non destructive solution whereby you could always revert back to original if you needed/wanted to.

Bet those custom laser cut plates cost a fair bit though.

Back