Distributing Power From My Under Seat Leisure Battery

Surfer

Morning!

Installed my leisure battery under my seat with a split charging system (CTEK) other than those items with an isolation switch (accessible from the under the front of the seat) there is not much room for anything else, so far so good.

I need to bring that power out and will distribute via a separate 12v fusebox etc however my van is very much in the build phase (from a panel van) and I want to somehow present that power at the back of the seat in a way that I can put the seat back in place then make the connections later (when I am adding my furniture) to an Inverter, my 12v board as well as an IN supply for an charger when I have an external power supply.

I suppose my question is how do I present this at the back of the driver seat in a way that gives me access later??

Cheers

Des

Morning!

Installed my leisure battery under my seat with a split charging system (CTEK) other than those items with an isolation switch (accessible from the under the front of the seat) there is not much room for anything else, so far so good.

I need to bring that power out and will distribute via a separate 12v fusebox etc however my van is very much in the build phase (from a panel van) and I want to somehow present that power at the back of the seat in a way that I can put the seat back in place then make the connections later (when I am adding my furniture) to an Inverter, my 12v board as well as an IN supply for an charger when I have an external power supply.

I suppose my question is how do I present this at the back of the driver seat in a way that gives me access later??

Cheers

Des
Where’s your fusebox going, Des?
Seat or (later on) in the furniture?

Hi

Plan to have a straightforward side kitchen setup (130cm bed) so the fusebox will be somewhere easily accessible within that furniture although not exactly sure yet. I have an Inverter to house within that as well as a small RCB for incoming power. I need to think how I will position the battery charger as well!!

Cheers

In terms of ease of access and making a tidy, safe job of it I would run a fused 6 or 10 mm cable from your leisure battery into one of the rear cupboards with good access.
There I would mount a 12 way fuse box with built in negative rail. You can then run all your output circuits in twin core cable from this point. If you are planning a full height cupboard at the back then that would be the optimum place.
Problem with having it on the back of the seat is that all your output wiring will be exposed and difficult to conceal between fuse box and furniture.
https://www.travelvolts.net/shop-6
https://www.travelvolts.net/product-page/fused-6-mm-cable

Morning!

Cheers

Des

This is how I've done mine. I'll fit a magnetic cover over the CTEK at the back of the seat and I'll fit my 240v panel at the back of the van. 12v fuses are accessable from the front of the seat.

IMG_20200223_152302.jpg

IMG_20200223_152254.jpg

IMG_20200223_152248.jpg

In terms of ease of access and making a tidy, safe job of it I would run a fused 6 or 10 mm cable from your leisure battery into one of the rear cupboards with good access.
There I would mount a 12 way fuse box with built in negative rail. You can then run all your output circuits in twin core cable from this point. If you are planning a full height cupboard at the back then that would be the optimum place.
Problem with having it on the back of the seat is that all your output wiring will be exposed and difficult to conceal between fuse box and furniture.
fuse boxes
Fused 6 mm cable | travelvolts
Sorry to sound really daft here. But did you mean 6/10mm positive cable from leisure battery? Or both polarities?

Back