Discover Media - Turn Off / On And Control Via Phone?

From memory it was about £180 for app connect and media control.

Hi Deaky, is app connect the same as CarPlay? And do you know if Media Control gets activated with it?

The main dealers don’t seem to have a clue, the main feature I want is called Media Control but nobody knows if it can be added, however I’m finding the maps a bit poor and so thinking of going for CarPlay, and so it would be nice to exactly what I’m buying if I decide to buy CarPlay! Can you remember ?? Thanks.

He @18T6 app connect and media control are different things. From memory, when I spec’d my van you could have app connect on its own or app connect and media control together.

@Deaky Arrrgh perhaps you can’t have it as an add on then... bizarre they don’t know. Thanks for the rapid reply :)

I’m picking up a T6 Kombi with a Discover Media Navigation system. It comes with
  • Volkswagen Media Control - allowing remote control of the infotainment system via smartphone or tablet
As standard. I didn’t order the separate App connect option.

Has the OP here got the same system as me? I think so, therefore should also have Media Control.

Edit. Having typed the message above I can see from the phone screen shot earlier that Media Control hasn’t been enabled. Maybe it’s not the same base spec system that I’m getting, as in the Discover Media Navigation System.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to hear what you got as standard.

Definitely no media control or CarPlay on mine as standard, I will be adding carplay (I’m bored of the Vw navigation) in a couple of weeks, and that might enable media control too.

Wish VW knew their own products...

Back