discover media MiB2 staying on

Macmain12

VCDS User | 2016 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
Hope some one can help. have a small problem, I've hard wired a dash cam into our new to us t6 caravelle, I've removed and refitted 5 amp fuse camper display and internet unit, as this had a piggy back fuse holder already fitted for an active sub that the previous owner fitted, I've also removed and refitted sc36 15amp.
I've also removed the 15amp sc49 fuse until i found out the centre colomn is switch live.
so the camera is all working but my head unit wont turn off with the ignition. i must admit im more than baffled.. i havnt unplugged anything else..

fuse-card-png.28804

Shouldn't it turn off when the key is actually removed from the ignition lock.
yes, it usually says dont forget your phone as well.. nothing like that now.. radio just stays on even after door is opened, im sure it also had a WLAN option on it, and now it dosnt.

ediit:
it says to connect to wlan start ignition, when i start ignition it dosnt start wlan, and still gives the same message,

does anybody have the Manual with wiring to hand.

Last edited:
SC55 - in correct slot, and no piggy back fuse there?

sc55 has never been touched buddy, the camper display that is piggy backed is above sc33 diflock. not sure on the sc number.
edit:

found the sc number i was refering to

1632598657996.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
im lost!! its as if there is no longer a remote wire to the unit

ok this morning i have reset the unit, i have put all fuses back to how they should be and i have tested every fuse in the centre row, I've then swapped out the fuses sc34 and sc55.. and nothing, im starting to think this has nothing to do with the fuses, i don't know if it was doing that before hand. i only use the vehicle now and again. it wasn't doing it Thursday night when i last used it its the wife's daily driver and she doesn't remember how it was before.

anyone have any ideas. as I've said its as if the remote connection is lost

Last edited:
Does it turn off at about 20 mins after locking the doors? Just trying to narrow down what's keeeping it alive. If not this might suggest so called S-contact signal is staying active (the signal indicating key removal from ignition lock - fed by SC55).
The 20 minutes is unit's internal timer.

There is a MIB emulator. The DM will then run until you turn it off again. Take a double relay and use it to change the CAN bus. When the ignition is off, the CAN bus runs via the emulator. When the ignition is on, the relay is activated and switches on the CAN bus from the vehicle.

cheers

Back