Problem coding/adapting reverse camera into DISCOVER MEDIA [Solved]

xop32

T6 Pro
I have just fitted a reverse camera and wired it all up correctly, i have fitted lots of these to aftermarket head units and one a few months ago to another van with discover media radio/nav without no problems at all.

The problem i have with my current van is when i enable the camera option in Module 5F and then in Module 10, it just shows a black screen like its turned off

This van is a combination of only rear parking sensors with ops , and also has a towbar fitted with towbar module for that in the list of modules

on my last van with discover media it had front and rear parking sensors, no towbar fitted and simply enabling the Module 5F and then in Module 10 options for reversing camera worked fine

the adaption options in Module 10 are,

1) OFF
2) AUTOMATIC
3) OPS DISPLAY
4) REAR VIEW CAMERA

Module 5F - Byte 19 camera enabled

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.30.31.jpg

Module 10 - when i go here and try to enable rear camera system control module in long coding

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.31.11.jpg

i get this error
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.31.48.jpeg

i can then go to the adaptions section instead of the long coding in the above pictures
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.32.22.jpeg

and finally enter the values

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.28.32.jpeg

OPS Display is the only thing that works here

If i enable Rear view camera, it like its been turned off, just a black screen, with reserve beeping only, you would expect to see the reverse camera display here, not a turned off screen

any help would be usefull, could there be other modules other that 5f and 10 that need switching on to make it work

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.27.57.jpeg

the ops display is the only thing that seems to display, the reversing camera section does not come up from some reason

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-06 at 21.31.38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional info here:

Is the backup camera listed in the can gateway?

edit: probably is or you would get a camera not found error.

Last edited:
Is the camera working, maybe the HU is getting no video signal

Reactions: Loz
Is it a factory or aftermarket camera

its a aftermarket camera which i purchased from aliexpress , i have installed lots of these over the years , all apart from one, on android head units

the camera should be working fine, its wired up as usual to the green/black wire on the passenger side reverse light / even if the camera was not working we would still expect to see the rear camera screen and info appear on the head unit, its like selecting the rear view camera completly turns off the display, exactly like when you select the off option

i am not sure what can gateway option the camera would be under, i have tryed the normal options of modules 5f and 10 which worked before on a different van, i am not sure why this one is different, unless the towbar modlue has something to do with it or something else i am overlooking

the camera should be working fine, its wired up as usual to the green/black wire on the passenger side reverse light / even if the camera was not working we would still expect to see the rear camera screen and info appear on the head unit, its like selecting the rear view camera completly turns off the display, exactly like when you select the off option
And the coax for the video?

the coax cables are all fine, its just we should expect the reverse camera section to display when reverse is selected

even if there was a problem with the video feed, you should see the reverse section on the screen, at the moment its completly turned off, when reverse camera selected

the coax cables are all fine, its just we should expect the reverse camera section to display when reverse is selected

even if there was a problem with the video feed, you should see the reverse section on the screen, at the moment its completly turned off, when reverse camera selected
Can you show us your head unit screen when reversing gear is engaged and obviously ignition is switched ON?

Reactions: mmi
i have fixed it now, its all working

the problem was on long coding module 10, i needed to click online logon, in the autel /topdon diagnostic machine i was using, this gave me a access code to then logon

i could then go into long coding in module 10 and active the reverse camera

the camera i used are only £10 from aliexpress, they clip into one of the numberplate lights on the tailgate models

5.31£ 51% OFF|For vw T6 Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan 2015~2018 Car CCD Night Vision Rear view Camera Vehicle Camera Back up Reverse Camera|Vehicle Camera| - AliExpress

you also need a rectifier and a longer rca cable when installing them

Last edited:
Back