Difference between T6 & T6.1 rear calipers?

moomin-j

Get busy living or get busy dying.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I know that all T6 rear brake assemblies (calipers / carriers / pads etc.) are all the same as each other, but is there a difference between these & the new T6.1 complete assemblies?

Any brake gurus out there that can advise please?
I have tried the search function , but to no avail sadly :(

Yes we were looking at the differences with part numbers but no idea about physical differences ?

I know that all T6 rear brake assemblies (calipers / carriers / pads etc.) are all the same as each other, but is there a difference between these & the new T6.1 complete assemblies?

Any brake gurus out there that can advise please?
I have tried the search function , but to no avail sadly :(
You can have a look at mine this weekend. Only a small charge ;)

I looked at some 6.1 brakes last week, the rears looked the same but the fronts were different to mine, they looked more like a bigger version of the rears.

Last edited:
I looked at some 6.1 brakes last week, the rears looked the same but tge fronts were different to mine, they looked more like a bigger version of the rears.
Cheers @Loz , they are my thoughts also, as I did look @Skyliner33 's rear T6.1 brakes @ a recent Forum meet @ Brook Meadows, but it would be good for a proper confirmation from a brake guru - Oli @BognorMotors

You are bang on re T6 vrs T6.1 front big brakes though.
The discs are the same @ 340mm, but the new T6.1 brakes although being twin pot calipers (like a T6) are a smaller, more lightweight design.
Cost saving by Vw, maybe?

Last edited:
100% the same on the back. Just checked visually and backed up with TPS confirming same part number.

Back