Diagrams, Schematics & Wires -- How I Done It --

looks like the Stirling are using Prismatic cells . .

the sheet detail BMS functions.

-20degc discharge cutoff - but not the charging temp

10v - low voltage disconnect.

high/low - voltage

1624111223178.png

1624111231166.png

What's the best way to stop the dc-dc from charging under 5deg?
we cover all the options here:

not sure which page. . . ill look through and update later . . - but the whole thread is very informative for anything Lithium.

we cover all the options here:

not sure which page. . . ill look through and update later . . - but the whole thread is very informative for anything Lithium.
Thanks. I've emailed Sterling about this to see what they suggest. I'd rather not have to buy an addition BMS just to switch the Orion off in low temp. I'll read through the thread you linked to in more detail when my family let me!

Just as a follow up:

I have just had a response from Sterling power to state that the BMS will stop charging below 0C, and re-engage charging when the temperature is 5C. It also prevents use at -20C and re-engages use at -15C.

Help !!! I have a few questions on my setup
I am installing an AGM 110AH Leoch extreme and Victron 12 12 30 under the passenger seat with a Sportscraft swivel.
Everything looks to fit, I have wiring kit from travelvolts from main to Dc-dc charger, (also IGN signal )and leisure battery and to fuse box. (12 Positive and negative busbars)
Now.. my question when I route the positive wires from the fuse box to roof LED lights and to a couple of USB sockets at the back do I have to run also return cables back to fuse box or can I ground them to the chassis if I find a ground point ?(example USB I will be close to rear lights cluster.)
I would also like to add a low voltage protector for the leisure batt but I don’t know what I should look for.
I think should be probably something like the Victron battery protect but I’m not sure what should I look for.
My plan is in the future to a add a fridge, a diesel heater and a solar panel (not this year no money 4 that!!!!)) I don’t know If this is important when choosing a battery monitor-low voltage protector?
Thanks ))

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-26 at 20.56.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-26 at 20.56.25 3.jpeg

@zlea73

use the chassis as the ground return . . . make sure leisure battery is also well grounded.

as for low battery protect. . . . look at the Victron 65A version.

remember you CANT charge back through them ( they one way only) . . . . so the Orion and any other charge sources need to be behind it.

ie direct to battery.

1624741571576.png

they also do a SMART version that has Bluetooth.

Thank you very much
I’ll definitely go for the smart version, everything looks better whit Bluetooth))
I will post a few pictures when I finish the project )))

Hello, I finally got to test and put all together before installing under the passenger seat.
Is it all right to put all the grounds in the same bolt under the seat or would be better divide them in different ground
points.?

I also have a couple of questions on the loom I found under the passenger seat. Can I disconnect the connectors from the holder and then reconnect or do I risk causing a dash error (example disconnecting airbags )?
Is there an ignition signal in the same loom I can use for the Victron DcDc charger or do I only find that in the fuse box ?
Thanks ))

E3D4662A-7B0A-4CBE-A680-78ACBD073CAC.jpeg

B0FA0E1F-8EC9-4F9A-BC3C-49D4227CA9AF.jpeg

E77BB0BA-E74F-4FC6-BA73-841A9FF23F23.jpeg

5DB86386-3492-43D3-AA85-35B0FE57B52A.jpeg

8BCCE7BF-5224-47E8-85BA-D21307504B2C.jpeg

- Leisure Battery & DC-DC with integrated MPPT & BM2 Monitors -

- Here we have a Redarc 50A DC-DC connected to a leisure battery, (charge Aux Batt when engine running)
- we are also connecting in the Solar PV (charge Aux batt 24/7 when sunny)
- And running loads direct from Aux Battery,
- Using 2x BM2 battery monitors (one on each battery)

View attachment 57429

*************************************************************************************
Aux Battery with seperate DC-DC & MPPT controllers

- Here we have a Redarc 50A DC-DC connected to a AUX battery, (charge Aux Batt when engine running)
- Solar PV on a Victron MPPT (charge Aux batt 24/7 when sunny)
- Using 2x BM2 battery monitoring APP (one on each battery)
- Using Victron MPPT monitoring APP

View attachment 57440

***************************************************************************************************
Hello! Bit late to this thread, but was hoping I might be able to pick your brains a little bit. I'm looking at setting up a similar system and just can't quite get my head round the interplay between the MPPT CC and the DC-DC charger. When they are both connected to the leisure battery as in the above diagram, how do you prioritise the charging from one over the other and how do you protect all the components from one another such that there is no confusion over the direction of charge or the MPPT/DC-DC does not think the other is a power source etc? Finally, in this set up how do you ultimately monitor the charge/health of battery?

- Aux Lifpo4 Battery & DC-DC & MPPT & LTD & LBP -

Here we have a LifPO4 battery setup.
The DC-DC charges when engine running.
The MPPT charges when sunny outside,
Lifepo4 LTD (low temp disconnect) of DC-DC via BMV712 relay contacts.
Lifepo4 LTD (low temp disconnect) of MPPT via BMV712 Temp sensor and VE-Direct.
Lifepo4 LBP (Low battery protect) via Victron 100A Smart battery protect.

****************************************************************************************

View attachment 57457

**********************************************************************************************

next

**********************************************************************************************
hi , I am looking at this setup which looks very good and comprehensive . Why are you using a victron mppt for solar when then Redarc has a solar feed ? Is this for redundancy to eliminate a single point of failure ?

- Leisure Battery & DC-DC with integrated MPPT & BM2 Monitors -

- Here we have a Redarc 50A DC-DC connected to a leisure battery, (charge Aux Batt when engine running)
- we are also connecting in the Solar PV (charge Aux batt 24/7 when sunny)
- Using 2x BM2 battery monitors (one on each battery)

View attachment 57429

*************************************************************************************
Aux Battery with seperate DC-DC & MPPT controllers

- Here we have a Redarc 50A DC-DC connected to a AUX battery, (charge Aux Batt when engine running)
- Solar PV on a Victron MPPT (charge Aux batt 24/7 when sunny)
- Using 2x BM2 battery monitoring APP (one on each battery)
- Using Victron MPPT monitoring APP

View attachment 57440

***************************************************************************************************
Thanks for your input and fantastic help to us all I have one question if you could find time to answer is I think and have been told that you should not connect anything to the negative side of the start battery if so are you taking the negative side of the bm2 to the negative battery or are you putting it to a ground thanks for any help you might give

I'd just add that if you're creating a new ground chasis point please sand it to ensure a decent connection.

hi , I am looking at this setup which looks very good and comprehensive . Why are you using a victron mppt for solar when then Redarc has a solar feed ? Is this for redundancy to eliminate a single point of failure ?
Where possible use existing body earth points, there are plenty of on them on a T6. If you can't find one that is convenient to use then make a new one by drilling a 6mm hole and removing the paint from around it to ensure a good connection. Use a nut and bolt, not self tapping screws! Never connect to the negative of the vehicle battery.

HI all, I have been searching through @Dellmassive awesome how to threads trying to soak up as much info as possible before starting the my own install. I thought id have a go at making my own diagram to work from like the ones on this thread.
I would really appreciate any feedback so I can make any necessary changes etc.
I won't take it personally so please feel free to pull it apart :thumbsup:
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 07.42.31.png

Only thing I’d add is two fuses between the renology dc-dc and the leisure and starter batteries, unless the cables are short :thumbsup:

Only thing I’d add is two fuses between the renology dc-dc and the leisure and starter batteries, unless the cables are short :thumbsup:
Hiya buddy.
Iv added a 75amp fuse between the starter battery and the DC-DC and then a 65amp fuse between the DC-DC and the leisure battery. Is that what you mean?

Hi all,
I am just starting out on this journey. Does this initial plan look reasonable? I still need to work out the cable and fuse sizes. As for the colour coding, green is simply what needs to go on the shopping list to make it real ;)
Thanks in advance!

1651066554444.png

HI all, I have been searching through @Dellmassive awesome how to threads trying to soak up as much info as possible before starting the my own install. I thought id have a go at making my own diagram to work from like the ones on this thread.
I would really appreciate any feedback so I can make any necessary changes etc.
I won't take it personally so please feel free to pull it apart :thumbsup:
View attachment 154642
Just a thought . Have you thought about to try and future proof your circuit and consider locating a secondary fuse box and bus bar ? IE Are you considering putting in an invertor into this circuit in the future ? worth considering is an battery isolator too and a battery charging lead to the leisure battery(such as the Victron type so it is easier to charge in the future. Hope that helps

Back