Decision over Reimo variotech size 8 or size 10 bed

Frazthoms

Hi,

we are progressing with our T6 panel van conversion and have reached the seat bed decision.

we have two kids, 7years old and three years old.

we would like 3 seats in the back to give us options but appreciate we won’t get three full adults back there as we are having kitchen units up the side.

so the choices are either the reimo variotech 3000 size 8 bed (1155mm) or the size 10 (1205mm).

small difference between the two I know BUT each has a trade off.
With the size 8 we can have a wider kitchen unit and larger fridge.
With the size 10 we get larger seat and bed but smaller storage in the kitchen units and smaller fridge.

we would appreciate any of your views on which option to choose.

perhaps you have one of these options, how do you find it?

please let us know your views.

thanks

You have most probably settled on you plans but I wonder if you had a kitchen unit across the width of the van behind the front seats, then a full width 3seat/pull out bed could still be used. I have an executive and although it is a versatile vehicle and perhaps will not have a permanent kitchen unit. I intend to have something across the width as stated above. I may build or buy small units that take up a third each of width that can be taken out or in as wanted with a centre arranged so that it may be possible to step across, perhaps with a hinged bar like those that pubs have. I have many years experience with Walas cookers and something like that can be used for heating, as well as cooking because it vents outside. It causes no condensation or CO fumes inside the vehicle. They may be seen initially expensive but considering they do the two functions very well are a bargain. They can be plumbed into the vehicles fuel system because they use diesel fuel or with a stand alone small plastic tank if preferred. It is just an idea. :)

Hi,

we are progressing with our T6 panel van conversion and have reached the seat bed decision.

we would like 3 seats in the back to give us options but appreciate we won’t get three full adults back there as we are having kitchen units up the side.

so the choices are either the reimo variotech 3000 size 8 bed (1155mm) or the size 10 (1205mm).

With the size 10 we get larger seat and bed but smaller storage in the kitchen units and smaller fridge.

thanks
IMO it depends on how you want to use the campervan.
If you want to spend time on longer trips away from shops and facilities you would benefit from a bigger fridge and more storage.
If you want to use it for trips lasting a few days or on campsites with facilities I would go for the wider seat bed.

Hi,

thanks
Hi, with the larger bed you will have more comfort sleeping, obviously, and this is a big bonus for me, nothing worse than a bad night’s sleep when camping!! You will be amazed how you fill every space with your camping bits so smaller units are not the end of the world. If you have a single sliding door you can recess the fridge into the side wall so a standard fridge still works, we have done this many times. Also be advised that the 3000 track system can only be installed by a registered installer (as we are), due to the technical nature of the bonding system employed by REIMO for fitting this particular seat.

All the best,
Ian
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for your posts, I’m pretty set on the full side kitchen just a question of how deep the units are and the relative seat width.

also what maximum fridge volume I can expect in both sized bed scenarios.

Hi, with the larger bed you will have more comfort sleeping, obviously, and this is a big bonus for me, nothing worse than a bad night’s sleep when camping!! You will be amazed how you fill every space with your camping bits so smaller units are not the end of the world. If you have a single sliding door you can recess the fridge into the side wall so a standard fridge still works, we have done this many times. Also be advised that the 3000 track system can only be installed by a registered installer (as we are), due to the technical nature of the bonding system employed by REIMO for fitting this particular seat.

All the best,
Ian
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Ian,

With the size 10 (1205mm) bed what depth is possible for the fridge with it being recessed?

thanks

You will need to 'adjust' the strengthening bracket in the wall to give max depth or move fridge to a more central position avoiding the bracket. A crx50 may fit just but other options such as cr42 with removable compressor will be easier. Cheers

You will need to 'adjust' the strengthening bracket in the wall to give max depth or move fridge to a more central position avoiding the bracket. A crx50 may fit just but other options such as cr42 with removable compressor will be easier. Cheers
Hi Ian,
We want to install a Size 8 Variotech seat in a new T6.1 van in Australia, as well as an 85L fridge. We believe this is possible but we wont know for sure until the van and seat arrive in August!
So we’re hoping you can actually confirm the position of the ”far side” of the size 8 seat, from a reference point near the left side door (assuming RHD configuration) such as the door sill.
Thanks in advance - hope you can help! :)
David

Hi Ian,
We want to install a Size 8 Variotech seat in a new T6.1 van in Australia, as well as an 85L fridge. We believe this is possible but we wont know for sure until the van and seat arrive in August!
So we’re hoping you can actually confirm the position of the ”far side” of the size 8 seat, from a reference point near the left side door (assuming RHD configuration) such as the door sill.
Thanks in advance - hope you can help! :)
David
sorry cant confirm that, we fit so many seat systems each one is different. Safest thing is to fit seat first and work form that. Cheers

Back