Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

I had this very conversation with the guys at 'The Sound Deadening Shop' just down the road from me yesterday.

He says the Audio guys love the Dynamat brand, and if your spending £0000's on audio then you'd want the best materials around the best speakers to get the best sounds.

The converters love Silent Coat, as you get a lot more coverage per £ spent.

I was in buying a couple of Dynamat sheets for my new door cards, just following what Absolut5 did on the existing card when they did my sounds, same material same place was my mantra.

If you look at the prices of the two this will make sense.

Thanks! I'll take a look into this. I hadn't even thought about upgrading speakers etc when mine arrives but everyone seems to do it. Hmmmm. More pennies haha.

The rear panels are in. The leather is out of stock so I’ve covered the inserts in black carpet for the time being.

A4450866-4311-4D32-AD13-F137B739673C.jpeg

59D6ADBB-9245-4810-96D8-42B38382B681.jpeg

22DD7F9A-660E-4BDC-B068-492DAA3F47A9.jpeg

The door pockets are fitted with ambient lighting. The light strips above the pockets light up red with the courtesy light.

31DD2D44-3B3F-4455-B2C2-CF6E4EAD7ED1.jpeg

AE50B8B4-5763-4A63-8A11-D1700BCCE4E4.jpeg

CB8B2A51-FB0C-4842-89B4-AB837743C293.jpeg

I’ve also connected the roof lights to the ambient circuit they come on red. When I collect my bits from @StudleyGlass these will be connected to a dimmer like the ambient in the front.

B32AFF9C-3446-4E5B-A58A-768E674DF68E.jpeg

Fitted a panel indicator to the Redarc DC-DC charger so I can see when it’s charging

5805FFE3-6304-4A8D-BB0C-438C60AC00FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, and I’ve fitted a tow bar :D Badge less grill tomorrow :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen in the badge less grill thread. Here is some pics of the grill fitted. It just needs painting to match the dark grey existing grills :thumbsup:

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

OMG @Deaky, do all hilo’s open that high? It’s taller than the house; don’t reckon i’d quite anticipated it being that big. I’ll be able to stand up whilst on the top floor of the van. Count down to Friday is on!!!

OMG @Deaky, do all hilo’s open that high? It’s taller than the house; don’t reckon i’d quite anticipated it being that big. I’ll be able to stand up whilst on the top floor of the van. Count down to Friday is on!!!

I need a set of steps to pull the fecking thing down :)

You should have gone for one of those electric ones. Can’t believe you missed that trick Mr Gadgetman.;)
They're not available from HiLo yet. Don't worry, I'll be first in the queue :D

Not from hilo direct, but there is a company in the Essex area that I believe are offering this as an option to their Hilo roof installs.
I am sure it’s Visiontech, and I have seen a video of it operating, but can’t find it now.

Not from hilo direct, but there is a company in the Essex area that I believe are offering this as an option to their Hilo roof installs.
I am sure it’s Visiontech, and I have seen a video of it operating, but can’t find it now.

Electric hilo roof

It does not open from closed.. as the rams are facing the wrong direction.. needs manual assistance for the first 10-12".

Electric hilo roof

It does not open from closed.. as the rams are facing the wrong direction.. needs manual assistance for the first 10-12".
Ahh well done @Fish. Don’t remember seeing it on here, thought it was someplace else.
It may not physically unlock or re-lock, but even @Deaky shouldn’t need a step ladder to bring it back down. ;)

Ahh well done @Fish. Don’t remember seeing it on here, thought it was someplace else.
It may not physically unlock or re-lock, but even @Deaky shouldn’t need a step ladder to bring it back down. ;)

I think from memory, the electric side of HiLo come in to it's own upon closing.. as it automaticlly puts all material in and doesn't require locking bolts.. AFAIK

I think from memory, the electric side of HiLo come in to it's own upon closing.. as it automaticlly puts all material in and doesn't require locking bolts.. AFAIK
Correct. According to the Hilo roof rep I saw at campermat. It’s retro fit too.

Correct. According to the Hilo roof rep I saw at campermat. It’s retro fit too.
O bol***ks I wish you hadn’t said that @Deaky. I’d told myself that as mine wasn’t coming with it, i didn’t need it (obviously to counteract the disappointment of thinking it couldn’t be retrofitted at a later date). Now the head is saying “need it, get it, want it, must must must must”.:mad:

Back