Day van interiors pics thread

@Mfwic don’t forget you will then need to make/ buy the floor, new rear threshold trim and side door steps (as the caravelle floor sits higher than the transporter floor).
@andythom188 how did you blend the height difference between the front transporter floor (I.e between driver and passenger seats), and the Caravelle rear?
I’m thinking I will need to be soldiering on as I am currently with the Kombi bed.

This looks like its heading to my "can't afford" list also :-(
Although, I do currently have the rubber floor so that would have a re-sale value. Not giving up just yet. :)

@DaveyB There is an oem threshold strip that fits between the cab carpet and the velle floor. Having my rails and floor fitted at VWVC tomorrow so I’ll get some photos taken

Unfortunately I have a stacked out day at work, otherwise I would have popped across. Got a load of questions for Colin.

@Mfwic don’t forget you will then need to make/ buy the floor, new rear threshold trim and side door steps (as the caravelle floor sits higher than the transporter floor).
@andythom188 how did you blend the height difference between the front transporter floor (I.e between driver and passenger seats), and the Caravelle rear?
I’m thinking I will need to be soldiering on as I am currently with the Kombi bed.
Packed the cab floor up to same height as the rear then a plastic trim from vw tps approx £105 for a bit of plastic:eek:

This looks like its heading to my "can't afford" list also :-(
Although, I do currently have the rubber floor so that would have a re-sale value. Not giving up just yet. :)
About £2500 all in fitted for the floor with all plastic trims

Work on house has put a stop to both.
Going to need to be economical with the truth (cost) for 1 to STMBO

Cheers @andythom188 If you can texts or WhatsApp me the number I'll give him a call and pop over to see him. I probably looking for the impossible but he may guide me on the best solution for what I'm looking to do.View attachment 20099View attachment 20100

This is the sort of set up I'm looking for with a 3rd single seat sat behind as and when required. I'd like captain seats to make it more luxurious for travelling in the rear and when using the van as a mobile office.

I also want to be able to remove them all for when we are camping so I can use a blow up mattress.

What i have mate

What i have mate
Great, I won't be doing anything before Bala so perhaps I can have a nosey at your van there.

PS. Everything is still on schedule with the work on the house so I'll drop you a text next week just to confirm all good from your side.

Yeah, chat next week if want mate. Nail down what your plans are.

With the Caravelle rails, what is the floor insulation like?

I find that in the Kombi set up that the rear floor is bloody freezing and doesn't seem to warm up, as the 'Velle floor set up is thicker is it better insulated? Both from a noise and temperature perspective.

I also assume that I can push the seats further forward and lock them (closer to the driver) than the Kombi. Just thinking from a MTB and Road bike carrying perspective.

With the Caravelle rails, what is the floor insulation like?

I find that in the Kombi set up that the rear floor is bloomin freezing and doesn't seem to warm up, as the 'Velle floor set up is thicker is it better insulated? Both from a noise and temperature perspective.

I also assume that I can push the seats further forward and lock them (closer to the driver) than the Kombi. Just thinking from a MTB and Road bike carrying perspective.
I went for the original caravelle foam floor which has made the floor warmer, I chose to fit alto vinyl flooring wipe clean easy, noise wise about the same as the kombi floor I would say.
Yes you can slide the rear seat right up to the back of the drivers seat to get bikes in

Can I ask @Vinci . How difficult is it to remove the rear seats from the rails and the van ?
To be honest, haven’t tried, although should be straight forward with two reasonably strong people.....remove the black cap end rails and slide the table and then seat out.

Back