dash vibration/rattle noise

karl brierley

T6 Pro
hi all

a few days after taking collection of the T6 I noticed a slight vibration/rattle noise coming from the dash. it does it around 2k-2.5k revs in every gear. I though it would have gone on its own but its now getting worse and louder. I find myself turning the radio up to try distract it. the thing is starting to drive me up the wall. The t6 has now covered 4k miles.

any feedback on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks Karl.

Check the windscreen wiper blanking plug for LHD vans next to where your wiper blades are connected to the motor at the bottom of the windscreen on the outside. Bit of super glue on that and all should be well

Reactions: MGT
Have you taken it up with vw at all?
Is it a localised vibration or general?
I think mine may be a loose wire rattling against the back of the window pillar cover.

I think mine may be a loose wire rattling against the back of the window pillar cover.
Yeah that's the wiper plug, have the same issue!

not taken up with VW yet. If I get time I will call in tomorrow.

I'm not 100% sure were its coming from. when I'm sat in drivers seat it sounds like its coming from near the glove box. and when on bench seat sounds like its coming from middle of dash.

I have completely removed everything item (none standard) from the cab. and still does it.

not taken up with VW yet. If I get time I will call in tomorrow.

I'm not 100% sure were its coming from. when I'm sat in drivers seat it sounds like its coming from near the glove box. and when on bench seat sounds like its coming from middle of dash.

I have completely removed everything item (none standard) from the cab. and still does it.

Is it the blanking plate on the over head section that had the lights in it. Mine was rattling for weeks and it was that. It's about 6" x 3" and has spring clips holding it in, good luck with it

Is it the blanking plate on the over head section that had the lights in it. Mine was rattling for weeks and it was that. It's about 6" x 3" and has spring clips holding it in, good luck with it

Hi pal.

Took it to Vw today it was the cab light mechanism as a whole. All wires and conetors vibrating on each other. The tech guy stripped it down and fiber taped it all up . All sorted now.

Again Vw was great in every way in sorting this

Reactions: 1up
I'm glad you got it sorted!
I think I might have to take mine in soon.
I don't even know where I should be contacting for this sort of stuff.
Did you email vw or phone someone?

I'm glad you got it sorted!
I think I might have to take mine in soon.
I don't even know where I should be contacting for this sort of stuff.
Did you email vw or phone someone?

Hi pal.

I just rung my local Vw commercial dealer. Explained my issue and they booked me in to see a technician.

Reactions: 1up
If you remove the blank plate on cab interior light. You can access the wires and conetors tape and secure them. Should solve the issue

Thanks Karl, will have a look at that. When I speak to anyone on hands free they start laughing there head off when it happens as apparently it sounds like I've got wind issues :(

Check the windscreen wiper blanking plug for LHD vans next to where your wiper blades are connected to the motor at the bottom of the windscreen on the outside. Bit of super glue on that and all should be well

Had an annoying fluttering/rattle on our Caravelle - stoping this little cap rattling solved the problem :)

hi all

a few days after taking collection of the T6 I noticed a slight vibration/rattle noise coming from the dash. it does it around 2k-2.5k revs in every gear. I though it would have gone on its own but its now getting worse and louder. I find myself turning the radio up to try distract it. the thing is starting to drive me up the wall. The t6 has now covered 4k miles.

any feedback on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks Karl.
Karl, my vibration is driving me nuts!! I discovered that the small box compartment on the cab roof/lining is the cause!! But now I find myself holding the box in 1st and 2nd gears to stop the vibration!! I think another visit to the dealer is on the cards, also, are you using oil? I've now used 4 litres in 10,000 miles!!

Back