T6 rattling noise after DSG service

jesteh

Just had DSG 40k oil service done on T6 and day after car is now making rattling noises and juddering instead of moving smoothly. You can feel the vibration when driving and its banging quite loudly but not all the time.

Any idea what could be going on? We also had lower arm bushings replaced with new PU bushings so it could also be that.
Never had any issues before.

Have you reported if to the garage that serviced it, if not do so asap and keep a record of the conversations.

Last edited:
I would get then to double check oil levels, if its low or leaked out you could cause some damage so best to be sure !!

Yep, had to have it towed to the garage this evening but not quite sure what to expect in the morning. Hoping its not the DSG...

Yep, had to have it towed to the garage this evening but not quite sure what to expect in the morning. Hoping its not the DSG...
My advice is to be there with the van before they start investigating, sounds like they‘ve screwed something up

Turned out to be loose engine cover rattling around. Just relieved it wasn't problem with DSG. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: .50
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !

well thats good new i suppose.

what engine cover you got?

got a few pics?

Its the standard VW engine cover that you get on Caravelle - I don't think it comes on all T6s. I dont think it even serves a purpose - its just decorative bit of plastic they put on.

ansporter_genuine_oe_engine_cover_trim_piece_s_350.jpg

It wasn't re-attached fully after the job and dropped down on the belt and started kicking off. I am annoyed at myself for not checking it but it was mrs's car and I wasn't there when it started happening.

Back