Dash USB Not working (aftermarket H/U)

musttriharder

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just plugged my phone into the dash usb socket to charge it and it’s not working. The van has a Kenwood DNX516 stereo with 2 USB leads in the glovebox, so I assume that the dash usb doesn’t work due to the aftermarket unit?

Will something like this reinstate it?

Thanks

Last edited:
I’m guessing whoever fitted it opted to use the standard floating usb sockets instead of the optional usb retention kit (if it’s available for your particular headunit)
Not really my thing but guessing @Absolut5 couod prob advise further if you are looking to re instate the dash socket but my guess would be it’s one or the other, Jason ?

Just plugged my phone into the dash usb socket to charge it and it’s not working. The van has a Kenwood DNS516 stereo with 2 USB leads in the glovebox, so I assume that the dash usb doesn’t work due to the aftermarket unit?

Will something like this reinstate it?

Thanks

it requires a usb retention kit, or you can bond one of the usb leads you have in the glovebox into the trim

It is.. very little uk stock as everyone is quoting December, but you can save yourself £30-35 if you just bond it in place

Back