Where did you get that heated screen button from Robert? I didn't know one existed for that location.

What are you using it for? You've already got the heated screen buttons on the HVAC controls

Where did you get that heated screen button from Robert? I didn't know one existed for that location.

What are you using it for? You've already got the heated screen buttons on the HVAC controls
I got it from here
and by providing Irish VAT number I have avoided paying 19% German VAT.
This is my spare one at the moment.
I am pretty sure that I will find proper use for it(especially with a flip/flop relay;))

There is one more thing to remember.....

All the buttons are designed to fit ONLY in their correct position, i.e. they are keyed to the hole in which they fit.

I found one odd switch for my T5 when I installed TPMS, the re-set button for a LHD is fitted in a different place to the one for a RHD vehicle.

There is one more thing to remember.....

All the buttons are designed to fit ONLY in their correct position, i.e. they are keyed to the hole in which they fit.

I found one odd switch for my T5 when I installed TPMS, the re-set button for a LHD is fitted in a different place to the one for a RHD vehicle.

That is 100% correct, they can't be interchanged.

LHS dashboard switches.
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-04-27 08-54-39.png

RHS dashboard switches.
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-04-27 08-55-40.png

And TPMS reset switch(14).
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: mmi
I need a tailgate button now, how hard would this be to wire in?
Very simple.
Three wires in total. One local ground at the door and then 2 wires to the BCM(of which one is illumination and the other one is trigger).

Very simple.
Three wires in total. One local ground at the door and then 2 wires to the BCM(of which one is illumination and the other one is trigger).

Might be a mod to add to the list. Thanks

Where have you mounted that tailgate button? It doesn't look like the one in the back of the door trim.
It looks the same as the one on my tailgate, so only 3 wires to connect.

Where have you mounted that tailgate button? It doesn't look like the one in the back of the door trim.
It looks the same as the one on my tailgate, so only 3 wires to connect.

That is 100% correct, they can't be interchanged.

LHS dashboard switches.
View attachment 67425

RHS dashboard switches.
View attachment 67426

And TPMS reset switch(14).
View attachment 67427

Thanks @Robert mine was on a T5 and the only odd bit is that I ordered the first one I spotted in the parts list which was for a LHD so my switch is on the left side of the dash where on a RHD vehicle it should have been on the right.

Is there a dash button available for opening tailgate, or is it only available in the door pocket.

Part no. ?

Is there a dash button available for opening tailgate, or is it only available in the door pocket.

Part no. ?
Only driver's door :cool:.
1 x Drivers door switch 7E5959831CREH 16,36 EUR
1 x Trim for drivers door switch 7E59595279B9 9,36 EUR

Back