Dark Rum Recommendations

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
Its my brother in law’s 50th and I know he loves dark rum. I know nothing about rum so was hoping some of you lot do, so can anyone recommend something?!?

Just for some background he is Jamaican so anything carribean based would be even better.

Cheers

I'm not a big drinker, nor any kind of expert, but since visiting Cuba 2 years ago, I got rather partial to Havana Club 7 rum. Easy to get hold of in supermarkets too @PukkaT6

Try a shop called Nickolls and Perks in stourbridge, West Midlands. Ask their advise and I promise you won't go wrong.
If you look in Aldi about now, look for a Rum called El Dorado, last year they had the 12 year old for £20....£40 everywhere else, from Guyana though. Not sure of your budget but ask the shop for El Dorado 25yo 1986 bottle.
Unfortunately and in my opinion, the best runs don't come from Jamaica.
Best of luck.

Edit above....the best "runs" do come from Jamaica. Mr Bolt of course.
Not rums though!!!

Maybe a bit late but look for Diplomatico Reserve Exclusive it's about £40, really good rum. It's not to be mixed but sipped like a good single malt.

download.jpeg

forget the others, you wont beat this and limited to only 300 bottles. Despite the strength, it is wonderful drank neat.

DUNCAN TAYLOR SINGLE CASK PANAMA RUM (D.2004) Cask strength @ 53,3% :)

I went to Mauritius a few years ago and the cane Rhum there was awesome. Don't actually remember the names as they were too good not to drink lots of!
They grow cane and vanilla there. The mix is sublime.

If you want to surprise him by buying this rum from the Philippines in Majestic. Very nice on ice cream according to my wife. I like it neat.

A01F4A56-F60E-4F65-916C-F488CE9DAD05.jpeg

I haven't had dark rum for many years and I really fancy some after reading this thread, going to have to grab a bottle tomorrow I think.

I went to Mauritius a few years ago and the cane Rhum there was awesome. Don't actually remember the names as they were too good not to drink lots of!
They grow cane and vanilla there. The mix is sublime.

Penny Blue XO is from Mauritius, very nice it is too

Back