Found Can anyone recommend some black SWB roof bars for looks only?

Lee8210

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend some black SWB roof bars, I'm not looking to carry anything so it would be for looks only?

I bought some from Vanstyle but they hadn't been sprayed properly, it took a week and a negative Google review to even get them to contact me about a return, I was also on hold for 2 hours just to be cut off.

Can anyone recommend some black SWB roof bars, I'm not looking to carry anything so it would be for looks only?

I bought some from Vanstyle but they hadn't been sprayed properly, it took a week and a negative Google review to even get them to contact me about a return, I was also on hold for 2 hours just to be cut off.
Never bought any, but Leighton do them:

Never bought any, but Leighton do them:
Thanks, I take it you have bought other stuff from Leighton before though?

Thanks, I take it you have bought other stuff from Leighton before though?

Yes, I've previously bought some round side bars, to replace my existing original 1's which are both showing signs of rust after 4 years of fitting.
I think this length of time is more or less the norm without going for stainless.

For extra longevity though, the new brackets have been shot blasted, hot dip galvanised & repowder coated.
The new bars have also been shotblasted & repowder coated, with a (hopefully) thicker coat.
Only time will tell if this extra money has been well spent. :cool:

With the T6 Forum 50% discount rule applied, Mrs moomin-j gave me no hassle re these extra costs!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, I've previously bought some round side bars, to replace my existing original 1's which are both showing signs of rust after 4 years of fitting.
I think this longevity is more or less the norm without going for stainless.

For extra longevity though, the new brackets have been shot blasted, hot dip galvanised & repowder coated.
The new bars have also been shotblasted & powder coated, with a (hopefully) thicker coat.
Only time will tell if this extra money has been well spent. :cool:

With the T6 Forum 50% discount rule applied, Mrs moomin-j gave me no hassle re these extra costs!! :thumbsup:
T6 Forum 50% discount rule applied,
I like the sound of this rule so will have to use it. :D

Go omtec and dont forget the tried and tested fixing mod.

Go omtec and dont forget the tried and tested fixing mod.

Thanks, I didn't know about this but will make sure I do it on mine.

I have some LV ones that are brand new, boxed. Was planning on running them, but they wouldn’t fit over the awning rails I have.

DM me if you want to make an offer? Happy to post

I fitted the Leighton ones using the leak free method linked above. Look great and have no intention of carrying anything on them.

2A77FA21-EE1C-49DF-8C72-4CD722227E23.jpeg

I think your van has helped me decide that I too need a roof spoiler.

Great looking motor. I bet you're pleased you bought another :cool:

I think your van has helped me decide that I too need a roof spoiler.

Great looking motor. I bet you're pleased you bought another :cool:

Thanks. I do like the roof spoiler
Yes, love my van - genuinely don’t know what else would replace it.

Back