Damaged Arm Rest !!

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Its a long story but during this bank holiday weekend away i have broken the arm rest on the drivers seat.
The actual pivot arm looks totally ok, the part that has snapped off is attached to the seat. It looks like it can be unscrewed and replaced. Has anyone done this and if so, what was the cost of the part ?
20190826_133136.jpg

Hi, any advice appreciated as i have snapped the left captains seat armrest bracket! the metal ring is in a few pieces! Any ideas?

I keep having to remind SWMBO not to put weight on the very end, for example to change seating position. Sort of OK near the pivot.

Ian

Despite my giving of ‘advice’ we have a wobbly right arm! The repair part is prevalent and cheap on ebay.

I did wonder if the part was sacrificial and thats why no one has made it from something stronger?

Ian

Despite my giving of ‘advice’ we have a wobbly right arm! The repair part is prevalent and cheap on ebay.

I did wonder if the part was sacrificial and thats why no one has made it from something stronger?

Ian
It’s probably a good thing that there’s a cheap part to break.
How many kids use them as a ladder to get in and out of a pop top?

Second top tip of the day - check that the fixing bolts don’t just need nipping up before ordering replacement parts!

At least I’m ready for when they do break!!

Too much leaning on the passenger seat armrest, resulted in this IMG_20211130_195941.jpg

It only seems to be held on now by the cloth. Before I have a proper dismantle and investigation, please assure me that this is a sub £20 DIY fix........

Back