Crafter: Retrofitting a right hand drivers arm rest

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just retrofitted a drivers right hand arm rest. Not as easy as I thought. Remove the seat fabric and the foam. Your see the lumber support handle. Undo the lumber support, notch out the hole above the lumber support and move the lumber support handle up to that hole.
Purchase a set of T5 arm rest brackets and a crafter rh arm rest, bolt and cover. I was able to use the set in nut that is tere already and use a riv nut on the circled hole which I drilled out. Used some spacers so the arm rest clears the lumber handle.
Your be left with a hole, the arm rest is at the same level but is slightly longer.
If you have ocd this isnt for you BUT it will save you nearly £2k in trying to find and buy a seat with twin arm rests.

I will add pictures and part numbers later, please try not to reply so I can still edit the post, otherwise please see a post below for pictures and details

Dam, waited took too long, wont let me edit but its only below so happy days.
Parts needed, your need to source riv nut and rivnut gun.
7H5881152A82V - Cover
N10517303 - Bolt
7C0881082FDNS - Armrest

T5 Armrest brackets
thumbnail_image0.jpgthumbnail_image2.jpgthumbnail_image1.jpgthumbnail_image3.jpgthumbnail_image4.jpgthumbnail_image5.jpgthumbnail_image6.jpgthumbnail_image7.jpg

Great info.
I've just fitted a second drivers seat to the passenger side so may consider this as I have both seats with left hand rests only and it would look better with 2 pairs of arm rests.
What was the approx cost for the parts ?

What was the reason for the T5 bracket ? Is there not a crafter bracket available ?

I assume as you are using the lumber mounting hole for the arm rest this causes the arm to sit further forward ?
seat.jpg

Hey guys, i am looking to do this but i can't figure out what size torx wrench is needed. is it a T25? T30?

Back