Damaged Arm Rest !!

It's the attachment to the seat that's failed - this bit, or it's equivalent. I bought the seat, during conversion, to replace the original passenger double seat. It came from Poland. I suspect they've spot welded something onto the seat to fit the armrest, but won't know without taking the cover off - which looks time consuming. If it is a proper bracket, it's really shoddy welding
.IMG_20211130_222439.jpg
IMG_20211130_222450.jpg

Last edited:
It's the attachment to the seat that's failed - this bit, or it's equivalent. I bought the seat, during conversion, to replace the original passenger double seat. It came from Poland. I suspect they've spot welded something onto the seat to fit the armrest, but won't know without taking the cover off - which looks time consuming. If it is a proper bracket, it's really shoddy welding
.View attachment 138039
View attachment 138040

It takes a lot of effort to weld that badly, looks like insufficient current and forgot to turn the shielding gas on.
Name and shame to avoid some other poor sod wasting their money there.

IMG_20211202_130151.jpg

So, they've welded on a plate of 2-3mm steel - either because it's cheaper, they didn't know you could get brackets, or the particular seat won't take a bracket. The 'cheaper' reason seems most likely.
Guess I'll have to grind that off, clean up the seat, and hope a bracket still fits.
Bought the seat off parts_vwt5 on eBay. I'vef not contacted them about it, but may do.

Turns out, it's a T5 seat, so needs the older 'three hole' 2003-2009 brackets. We'll get there.....

Back