CV Joint / Driveshaft Grease Leaking - Help?

Hi Guys. I'm going to see how they redeem themselves today, it's their third shot at this. I'm not one for naming & shaming, especially where they might recover their mistakes, let's see.
My advice is not to let the same clown that caused that damage anywhere near your van again.
See my earlier quote, I’d be requesting compensation and taking it elsewhere.
Hammering a shaft into a gear box could easily cause gearbox issues in the future. If the person who did this is a trained mechanic which I doubt they obviously don’t give a flying f*ck.

Just got the van back, Workshop Controller was all over it (they had to fit a new Boot Kit to the N/S Outer CV joint. They double-checked everything, meticulously cleaned all areas. Plus supported me roadtesting, bringing back, on ramp and inspection. All is looking good. They have been very apologetic tbh. I'll be seeking some form of compensation over the coming days, but the main thing is the van is back to as it should be.

Is it just me? Name and shame!
I’ve got drive shaft leaking oil issues, as I did on my last 2 T5’s 1month the 1st time and 6weeks out of warranty the 2nd van. Anyone know if they are the same driveshafts on the T6?
I’m hopeless, not even sure if your problem was the same! But I don’t want to take my van for anything where you did!
please tell!

Reactions: DXX
Back