Ctek250se Solar Input Charging Both Batteries Via Victron Mppt

I was charging my phone on the leisure battery, hence the 10w 0.7A draw. But, yes the battery should reflect the starter voltage as its before the CTEK. I need to investigate that I've connected the right cable. The MPPT is under the passenger seat and the battery the drivers, so quite a few cables going through the seat interlinks.

View attachment 66616
I can’t quite make it out....
But it looks like you’ve got 2 cables connected to output,and only 1 cable to A terminal input on the Ctek?...

I can’t quite make it out....
But it looks like you’ve got 2 cables connected to output,and only 1 cable to A terminal input on the Ctek?...

Wow you have good eyes!! This was a before pic. The 10 gauge cable running at the bottom of the battery is my MPPT Battery cable - attached to the battery in that pic. I confirmed this by turning off battery charging on the MPPT and it went dead on a meter. That's the cable that's now on the 'Alternator in' on the CTEK.

I have a Ctek 250se in my van. The Ctek is an Mppt charger and chargers my batteries no problem. No other bits of kit needed. You may need a Ctek 120 smartness also if you have a large capacity battery

I have a Ctek 250se in my van. The Ctek is an Mppt charger and chargers my batteries no problem. No other bits of kit needed. You may need a Ctek 120 smartness also if you have a large capacity battery

My solar panel is 23.9v so exceeds the max open voltage of the CTEK

nice . .

whats the spec on that system?

commercial? domestic?
Yes a commercial system,once set up properly with the laptop, it all works fine in my house.
24v 5ka inverter

250v/100amp mppt

6 x 330w panels (3 x ground mounted,and to go on the shed roof I’m building).

i did have a bmv battery monitor in the system,(I used an emergency stop button to use up the hole,which is functional too) but took it out in favour of a Lynx shunt,more functionality and more appeasing to the eye.,.

Just wondering what size cables people use from the solar panel to the CTEK. Im planning on getting a 160W 20v panel and was thinking my 2.5mm cable would be find to the CTEK with the standard solar connections, what do you guys think ?

Just wondering what size cables people use from the solar panel to the CTEK. Im planning on getting a 160W 20v panel and was thinking my 2.5mm cable would be find to the CTEK with the standard solar connections, what do you guys think ?
I'd check the spec for that panel check the MAX VOC..

Then look for the ISC for the max current.

Then rough measure the cable run distances.

You normally get around 6A per 100W, so your maybe looking at 10A?

Then gauge the cable to that. Bigger size would be preferable. And look at PV cable for external runs......

Edit.
Just checked my Renogy 160w, 8.88A, 23V.

My panel may to to much dor the ctek....

Screenshot_20200509-074935_Contacts.jpg

Thats the sort of spec I was after so ill check that panel out, although, like you say, that might be pushing it on voltage as its right on the max for the CTEK

More kit turned up today....have you had much to do with Lorawan network @Dellmassive

View attachment 69146
oooh, , , , goodies.

No I've gone for Raspbery Pi route & wifi for multiple VE-direct kit.

the
Victron Energy VE.Direct LoRaWAN

looks interesting . . . are you running your own gateway?

the map shows my nearest GW about 10mile away . . .

though this seems easy enough . . .

how would you connect say 3x VE-D devices? (ie mppt, inverter, shunt?)

oooh, , , , goodies.

the

I’ve got a remote lock up,so will see what reception is like,otherwise will have to install a gateway about 2 miles away

oooh, , , , goodies.

the

You need to use a ve direct - usb cable for the 3rd device.
in the vw I’ve already used the 2 ve direct ports and the usb so the next device,I will have to install a powered usb hub device to accept them on my Venus gx

i ment on the lorawan?

"how would you connect say 3x VE-D devices? (ie mppt, inverter, shunt?) "

it looked like it ONE ve-direct port?

You can only connect 1 x device,it’s got the ve direct cable built in,I’m plugging it to my 100/50 smart mppt to monitor the 3 gel batteries I’ve got

Sorry to hijack this thread and take it back to basics. I bought a KIT that incudes a ctek d250se and an MPPT 75/15 I have a 150w solar panel panel and a victron smart charger. I understand the CTEK wiring and the charger is part of the EHU so I get how that works. I am lost in terms of the BATT and LOAD outputs on the MPPT can anyone help? Thanks

LOAD output
Deep discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage.​
BATT output
Output to battery for charging.​

1591516226759.png
Could take advantage of LOAD output for smart energy management - a kind of extra functionality available if so desired.

Thanks, I saw that diagram in the manual, I am confused from reading this post as to whether the BATT shoudl go to leisure batery or CTEK? Also the diagram attached was provided with the kit but the mppt was missing, I have crudely added it and as you can see I have the BATT and LOAD wiring missing! In this diagram where woudl you run them? Thanks

plan.jpg

Back