Cruise control not working

Have you checked all fuses with a multimeter on both sides of the fuse, make sure the piggy back fuse holder has not damaged the fuse terminal, what is the fault caused by the ghost

The fault showing is 9456128. I should clear it again and check the it doesn’t come back, I did this already but I tried to start the engine without entering the code to ensure it was working still, (code uses cruise control buttons).

I checked The fuse I believe is the cruise control fuse (top middle 5A) for continuity and it was ok. I haven’t checked the fuse I’m piggybacking into as I have connection to the dashcam and although I can’t remember what the fuse is for (15A I think) I’m sure I confirmed that whatever it is was functioning. But this is definitely something I can confirm :thumbsup:

Are you sure you’ve put the fuse back in the right holder bearing in mind some are one sided holders just thinking of different eventualities

Again, this is definitely something I should double check but I’m pretty sure it’s fine plus if the cruise control fuse is the one I believe it to be I didn’t remove it until I took it out to check it.

there are now loads of little piggy’s in there so it’s possible one could have escaped :)

Or 4 in my case.

But I refer you to the subject matter here, I’ve broken it just connecting a dashcam, imagine what damage I could do adding terminals to the fuseboard!:oops:

I was thinking that it’s time to get an auto-electrician in to run them all in properly

What fault does the Ghost show up? I have a Ghost and get the quiescent draw fault, but assumed that to be my LB.

Just the error code 9456128, engine signal error or something which I think is received only when you try and start the engine without entering the correct code (going by searches, I need to test to be sure)

If you clear it does it stay cleared
I need to confirm this although I believe it will. I cleared it last time but tested that the ghost was working before I checked it was still cleared so put the error straight back on

Just the error code 9456128, engine signal error or something which I think is received only when you try and start the engine without entering the correct code (going by searches, I need to test to be sure)
I can confirm that Ghost definitely causes errors to be logged if you try and start the van without the code. I've done it plenty of times :p
Ah right, I see. I thought you meant that it generically shows a code, rather than it shows a code when used geriatrically.

I actually managed to do a run in the van long enough to confirm the stop-start is still functioning correctly but still no cruise control.

I need to try removing the dashcam connection and putting it back as found and seeing if that helps but not really able to do much faultfinding as lockdown limiting my test runs. Now showing service is due in 19 days but I’m not sure if I should ask them to look at it as I know it’s my fault. Any thoughts?

Resolved!

the fault cleared during a service so I guess they did some sort of reset although I didn’t report the issue and they didn’t notice/identify the issue so it’s more by luck than design I think.

Kudos to @Spaghetti Pete who did suggest doing a reset :thumbsup:

Back