CRS koni shocks/ springs.

Hi @CRS Performance slightly off topic question.
Does the van need to be empty to do the suspension work or could it be done on a van loaded with camping gear?
LWB T32 4Motion, standard Devonports and all weather tyres.
Best comfort at standard 4Motion ride height would be the aim.

Hi @CRS Performance slightly off topic question.
Does the van need to be empty to do the suspension work or could it be done on a van loaded with camping gear?
LWB T32 4Motion, standard Devonports and all weather tyres.
Best comfort at standard 4Motion ride height would be the aim.
If standard height is the target then we can do the shock change at any point loaded or not . Ideally they should be set up at the weight they are at most of the time . We can use the Special active shocks which are the most comfortable shocks on the market by Far .

The rear normally sits 25 lower than it should on a Cali , A spring distance spacer is the best way to balance it back up with out upsetting comfort.

You can also try to lower the front to the same level as the back but this is a bigger job to do

The rear normally sits 25 lower than it should on a Cali , A spring distance spacer is the best way to balance it back up with out upsetting comfort.

You can also try to lower the front to the same level as the back but this is a bigger job to do
hi thanks for replying , what about an adjustable kit ? what would u do if fit was yours ? i would like to improve the handling as steering feels abit light and body roll is annoying too but i don't want it to loose too much comfort !

hi thanks for replying , what about an adjustable kit ? what would u do if fit was yours ? i would like to improve the handling as steering feels abit light and body roll is annoying too but i don't want it to loose too much comfort !
I had my California Beach done by @CRS Performance - shocks and ARBs - no more body roll or crashing! He spent quite some time levelling to how it should be. As SWMBO said: it’s disgraceful that VW didn’t do that at the factory given the cost of a California! (I know he will supply to your local fitter and provide telephone support for him too!)

Yes we can do a height adjustable kit as well as the KONI Kit we make sure both have the right rake angle and return the steering to normal feel

The prices are very similar for the KONI shock / Spring kit or the Height adjustable kit
KONI does 40 to 50 mm and height adjustable kit do 35 to 65 on the KW and 50 to 80 mm on the H&R kit

Just want to say what a top chap Steve @CRS Performance is! Got in touch to discuss my requirements around tyres and suspension and he was happy to chat when I visited him last week.

End result a set of new tyres and front and rear Koni suspension on my T32 camper today that has greatly improved ride quality and road noise from the existing setup!

Thanks Steve!
Thank You Phil , glad all is well . The new "Exo Technik" springs we have developed are giving us great results and with the extended range we can now do Vans that other spring manufacturers cant cope with , We have 8 models of spring to choose from and with all the right info we can get the vans sitting perfectly and at the designed ride height .
Enjoy and thanks for the support ,

To get the steering back to normal we need to adjust the rake angle , this is usually 25 mm out on a California , option 1 , leave the front as is lift the rear to match and fit some KONI shocks . . Option 2 as above but lower the front to match the rear giving overall better appearance . Option 3 ( what i would do ) is fit a height adjustable kit that can be set exactly where you want it and optimise the comfort .

To get the steering back to normal we need to adjust the rake angle , this is usually 25 mm out on a California , option 1 , leave the front as is lift the rear to match and fit some KONI shocks . . Option 2 as above but lower the front to match the rear giving overall better appearance . Option 3 ( what i would do ) is fit a height adjustable kit that can be set exactly where you want it and optimise the comfort .
how much are the option 3 kits and what's the adjustment range ? i live in jersey so can u ship ? thanks

I can also vouch for CRS, I'm possibly one of the first customers with the T32 T6 Koni shocks.
Originally I just replaced the standard shocks and left the -40mm Cobra springs, I have the ABT front bumper and mine is a daily drive work van, I've scraped it too many times going in and out of customers driveways so I installed the standard springs.................wow what a difference, speed bumps, speed tables, pot holes and all the other obstacles where our roads used to be have been ironed out to such an extent I now don't detour around a link road I use because of the traffic calming.
@BeePee - out of interest - when you say “standard springs” - do you mean you went back to factory springs at factory height?

Yes OEM factory T32 springs and ride height
Depending on the weight you carry Brian i would have fitted the T 28 or T 30 springs ( standard ) , Gives the height to maximise the comfort but with out the extra load rating which is often harsh in empty vans .

Depending on the weight you carry Brian i would have fitted the T 28 or T 30 springs ( standard ) , Gives the height to maximise the comfort but with out the extra load rating which is often harsh in empty vans .
All my work gear is in it all the time mate, plus an Ovano, if not working my caravan is on and all the associated camping gear.
I could do with extra damping since fitting the Ovano, I feel it is a bit too quick to compress and rebound is even worse, just the extra weight I carry.
How do I increase on the rear shocks, take the lower mount off and turn the shock clockwise x3 ?

HI there , yes undo the bottom shock bolt and loosen the top so the shock swings vertical , Compress it completely and turn the lower rubber mount 1 full turn to start that will make a difference , it actually will turn almost three times as you said from full soft to full hard ,

I spoke to you guys at busfest yesterday about improving my T6.1 California stance/ride.
A couple of things I forgot to ask was if I need to have anything adjusted with the adaptive cruise with a 50-60mm drop and do you know if it will put the level indiator on the camping display panel out?
Thx

Hi there . Because we take car to keep the rake angle of the car perfect we have never had issues with the adaptive cruise or needed to adjust them . We have done a lot of California's as well

thanks for the message

steve

Back