Creaky coilbound springs

david steven

Hi can anyone help? I have just bought a t6.1 110hp van that has been lowered with 20s ... I have just noticed that the 2 front springs have 2 coils that are touching causing creaking noise when driving. Can anyone recommend what springs should be used?

Hi can anyone help? I have just bought a t6.1 110hp van that has been lowered with 20s ... I have just noticed that the 2 front springs have 2 coils that are touching causing creaking noise when driving. Can anyone recommend what springs should be used?
Do you know what springs are fitted. It is common for coils to touch but they shouldn’t make a noise obviously. They might just be a cheap make . They normally creak when turning lock to lock as the castor camber forces stress the strut. , if it’s doing it while driving in a straight line it’s unlikely to be the coils as they don’t rub in this situation . The springs we sell can’t touch on the front. But many of them do on the rear .

Do you know what springs are fitted. It is common for coils to touch but they shouldn’t make a noise obviously. They might just be a cheap make . They normally creak when turning lock to lock as the castor camber forces stress the strut. , if it’s doing it while driving in a straight line it’s unlikely to be the coils as they don’t rub in this situation . The springs we sell can’t touch on the front. But many of them do on the rear .
Hi there

I’m not sure what springs have been used sorry. I’m not sure if I would like to replace these with the same lowering springs as I would like to fit general grabber tyres moving forward. What springs would you recommend for comfort and better handling ?

I've got a similar issue with my T6.1 T30 on 20” lowered. It squeaks everytime I go up my drive or over a dip in a road. Is it bushes or spring?

Hi there

I’m not sure what springs have been used sorry. I’m not sure if I would like to replace these with the same lowering springs as I would like to fit general grabber tyres moving forward. What springs would you recommend for comfort and better handling ?
We don’t recommend any springs for comfort and handling because those are functions of the shock.
We do 40 to 60 vans a month and they all get shocks because this is how we get the great results

Hello, I’m also have the same problem. Fitted Stance+ to my 6.1 and creaking like mad. Feeling a little Pi**** after spending so much money on the van.

Ok so the dust cover has come away from the top of the bump stop , but that mark on the shaft ? If that is a score mark it can only get there because the fitters gripped the shaft with pliers or vice grip. If it is a score mark the shock needs to go in the bin it’s scrap

Back