Creaking camper conversions!

Larry G

T6 Pro
Hi, has anyone been doing anything to stop the creaking coming from the furniture/cabinets, all built with butt joints with plastic joiners. Was thinking of slackening the screws on the plastic wotsits and slipping something like ptfe tape between the joints. What with that and the wind out awning clattering while driving over the shitty roads round here, it's driving me nuts. T32.

sorry but how is it possible that with the screws tightened in the factory the furniture makes noise that the wind and the uneven road make the curtain come out ... !!! I do not spare my Ocean nor the dirt roads and more but the assembly does not make any noise, it's perfect .... the tent does not have to open by itself in any way !! which vehicles do the Germans send you ...? boh

Non penso che tu abbia capito bene il mio post. "wind out" non significa vento in quest contesto. La conversione e stata fatta in Inghilterra dopo che i Tedeschi hanno finito con esso. Per favore scusa il mio italiano rotto. Ciao.

I don't think you got my post right. "wind out" does not mean wind in this context. The conversion was done in England after the Germans finished with it. Please excuse my broken Italian. Hello.
;)

What with that and the wind out awning clattering while driving over the shitty roads round here, it's driving me nuts. T32.

Have you tried placing some sponge or foam aroun the legs before winding the awning in?.
They maybe rattling inside that cassette.

Larry do you think it’s the joins in the carpentry or where the furniture is mounted to the van?

I found the feet on the bottom of the legs were the bits that rattled.
As fish said a bit of sponge sorted it no more rattles.

Hi, thanks, I did the foam trick after looking around on the forum, appeared to work for a few days. It came back and when I inspected the foam
it had crushed to paper thin. I'm looking for some different density to try. As for the creaky units, I bought some furniture joints, the 2 piece ones with a bolt to
join them fully, to beef up the structure. Neighbours must think I'm a nutter, 40 grand and I'm forever D.I.Y.'ing in the drive.
Love it to bits but need to get it fettled.

Back