Cover or not to cover:

Pidsley

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a 2021 LWB T6.1 van which is parked outside under a tree. It is used regularly but not a day vehicle. Does anyone cover their van with a bespoke fabric or plastic cover? If so, what are good makes, do they rub and cause damage (its very windy here)?

Thanks,

I wish.. It's the neighbours tree. I think even without the tree, I'd like to cover the van. Its constantly a complete spiders web.

I’ve used this company before for cars but it also looks like they do one for the T6.

They do different grades of cover and the ones I have had in the past have not done any damage (provided the car was clean) and not let any moisture in.

Personally I think that for anything other than long term use, covers are a faff. I have one on my Golf in the garage, but all the other vehicles are outside and close to some trees. I'd rather leave them to 'breath' and keep on top of cleaning them.

Get a carport …..

EA0EB25F-7170-4F50-947E-56AC2A2C27A1.jpeg
ps The car was changed for the Van…old pictures…..but you can adorn the van out of sunlight..and can pick your days to clean and not be governed by the weather ….happy days :)

@Tourershine maybe the best man to answer this comment. In fact he has answered it before.
The take home message for me if I can remember correctly was that covers are ok providing the cover doesn’t flap or rub the paintwork, and that your vehicle wants to be spotless when you wrap it. I shall see if I can find his previous answer as it was rather detailed.

Last edited:
@Tourershine maybe the best man to answer this comment. In fact he has answered it before.
The take home message for me if I can remember correctly was that covers are ok providing the cover doesn’t flap or rub the paintwork, and that your vehicle wants to be spotless when you wrap it. I shall see if I can find his previous answer as it was rather detailed.
That’s exactly the advice in a nutshell

I can also confirm that flapping covers on a motorbike scuff/dull any rubbing points, even when under a car port. I would expect the same on a van.

Back