Connector identification - possibly DAB?

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 SL-to-Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello. The DAB radio on my T6 isn’t picking up stations at all. It’s not the transmitter as other radios work. I yanked the head unit and the aerial is still connected. Today I was giving the cab a good clean and discovered this (please see image). Maybe the previous owner had a new driver’s mirror and the old cable was snipped to aid pulling it through. Can anyone confirm that the DAB wing mirror has a connector like this? And presumably the connection is made behind the door card in the bag?D642024B-D527-4DBB-84C4-2A89237086ED.jpeg

More accurate info here.

Dab and FM use different antennas.

More accurate info here.

Dab and FM use different antennas.

Thank you Dellmassive. Since the FM and Phone still work it looks like it is DAB.

FM-radio has aerials both in left and right mirrors - with white connectors. The DAB aerial is only in driver's side exterior mirror - with black connectors.

In @Dellmassive 's post - picture No 47/3
the below is for the right drivers side . . . .

R183 - DAB Digital radio aerial - T1ao - Single connector, black, in right door, near exterior mirror

FM-radio has aerials both in left and right mirrors - with white connectors. The DAB aerial is only in driver's side exterior mirror - with black connectors.

In @Dellmassive 's post - picture No 47/3
Ah OK. Thank you. I’ll take the door card off for a look. Thank you both. It know what I’m looking for now. :)

Thank you to everyone in this post, particularly @Dellmassive for the link to the installation guide. I finally got a replacement DAB aerial and undertook the work today. Our guess was correct - wing mirror replaced by previous owner but not the aerial. DAB now working perfectly. Without the install instructions, I wouldn’t have been able to do this so big thanks again.

A60A0E64-FDCD-4BF4-8170-60C62A897E75.jpeg

05F3CAD5-549A-4E91-9D24-1DBF00767E4B.jpeg

CAFD00F0-8C77-40FA-B829-4A94A6D4E8BD.jpeg

Broke my drivers mirror post, watched UTubes read posts. Bought replacement part, instructions say cut wires: fitted post realise GPS aerial uses coax!! How do I join it?

Broke my drivers mirror post, watched UTubes read posts. Bought replacement part, instructions say cut wires: fitted post realise GPS aerial uses coax!! How do I join it?
unfortunately with great difficulty.

because its tiny bootlace coax. :confused:

that said you can connect it with traditional connectors. (chock block, solder, crimp etc)

it will work ., . . but you may find the cable a bit noisy as the screen has been broken.

so join it and try.

if you have massive issues you may need to replace the antenna film card for a new OEM one that has the pigtail loom to the push-fit connection point.

1647109814241.png

that said you can connect it with traditional connectors. (chock block, solder, crimp etc)

it will work ., . . but you may find the cable a bit noisy as the screen has been broken.

so join it and try.

if you have massive issues you may need to replace the antenna film card for a new OEM one that has the pigtail loom to the push-fit connection point.

View attachment 148907
Thanks

This oem assembly cost me £40 from eBay if your joint doesn’t work.

BA3E1385-51C6-4BC9-9627-D216FC532DBD.png

This is do-able! Connect the core and the outer cables insulating them separately. Definitely worth giving it a go.

so join it and try.

View attachment 148907
972B2449-A59D-4FD8-A3FD-78A9671BA32C.jpeg
It works, joint from Halfords and my Sat-Nav still knows where I am. Oh Frabjous day

Back