Connection Of Portable Solar Panels To Leisure Battery

malcharr17

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi picked up my t6 Kombi from Vanworx a couple of weeks ago, it has a leisure battery, and I wanted additional back up on the electrics and have bought some portable solar cells, these connect via crocodile clips, but I can’t easily get to the terminals, ideally I would like something permanently attached which I can just plug into?? Any ideas / recommendations please

Thanks for these I am not electrically minded ( sorry) is there an idiots guide to installing connectors to the battery terminals and leaving a couple of plugs that I can the provide male / female connectors in lieu of the crocodile clips? Apologies if answers are in thread but not had a chance to go through specific links as yet?? Cher’s and thanks

this video show the quick disconnects :

You should have a fuse in that positive cable close to the battery....

You can cut the clamps off and use any of the methods or connectors above.... but I'd add a 10A blade fuse close to the battery connection point.

Thanks very much so a 10 amp fuse on positive cable near battery with the conn3ctors as mentioned above, and then cable connectors in lieu of the crocodile clips.... cheers and thanks again!

To be honest, the controller should be connected to the battery before the panel is connected so I would have that permanently fitted in the van and have the disconnects in the cable between the panel and the controller.

Back