Connecting awning to van

Defo figure of 8! I should have got one of these! Our holiday was nearly ruined from the off as one of the awning poles snapped so had no awning all holiday! But when we got it up before the wind smashed the pole, I couldn't attach it to the van as it didn't have enough give to get through the awning rail!

Another attachment option is having a Fiamma wind out awning attached to the van - these include a channel that you can use to attach a driveway awning via beading and figure of 8. More expensive but would give you another option for outdoor space/cover for shorter stops.

& they don't cost much more than a Reimo Awning Channel!!

It's the route we have taken & works brilliantly!

Thanks. I’ll have to see about the figure of 8 thing, with just something in the tracks for roof bars. I’ve spent enough this month on our van.

We have just bought a Vango Galli 3 low blow up for our T6 as a Christmas present to each other (spoil each other we do) and just had a go putting it up for the 1st time as a trial run and was easier than I thought. We used the drive away strip and figure of 8 from our Fiamma awning but the question I have is the part that is elasticated at the side to the van, what is the best way of securing it and does the elasticated bit not run on your vans paintwork or do you leave a inch gap so this does not happen?

Cheers

Back