Concave wheels

Folks, am trying to choose some wheels and really like the look of wheels with a slight concave to them such as Fondmetal STC-10.

I'm wondering if there is any commonly accepted wisdom as to what looks best when fitting concave wheels? I quite like the look of a deeper concave on the rear wheels, so was thinking of going for something like 8.5 rim width on the front and maybe 10 on the back, as I'm assuming this will give the deeper concave look on the rears?

Fondmetal seem to complicate things by offering 9 and 11in widths on a 20in diameter rim, but then they say that the 9in is flat but the 11in is concave. I don't know if that means the 9in is completely flat, or maybe just has only a slight concave?

Any views on whether a flat front wheel with a concave rear would look a bit crap? And even if it doesn't, would an 11in width rim work for rears on a T6 that's been lowered 40mm?

Cheers for any guidance.

I did a bit of investigating with that alloy as I like it too. I am sure that I read somewhere that it also depends on what diameter rim you go for as well, as to how concave it is.
Might be worth talking to @andrew smith as I believe they are STC-10's on his van. Look at this thread where he has posted a pic.
Team Grey

Just be careful if you have a 204 with bigger brakes some concave wheels with hit calipers most people seem to fit flat face on front to solve this issue and concave on rears

I've got a 140 @YESBOY , so thankfully I don't have to worry about that as well. Thanks for tip though....will remember that if I'm every lucky enough to own a 204.

I've got inovit with massive concave. Running 10j all the way round with 275/35/20 tyres. Load rated also.

My profile picture plus this one.
They are 10jx20. I run 275/35/20 on bilsteins wound all the way down. Unsure of the offset. The model is revolve.
Hope this helps!

image.jpeg

Holy moly that's some concaveness.
I'm surprised those babies don't suck in people when you drive past them at speed.

Are they the same as the satin Black ones above @Adam Baker? If so, what offset are they front and rear? Also, a daft question but can you supply the centre caps unbranded? Lastly, a daft daft question that only you can answer, and this ones important..... Can you fit your hand between the spokes?
(that question would only be understood if you knew how clinical I am)

Holy moly that's some concaveness.
I'm surprised those babies don't suck in people when you drive past them at speed.

A daft daft question that only you can answer, and this ones important..... Can you fit your hand between the spokes?
(that question would only be understood if you knew how clinical I am)

Definitely if you're a dwarf ;)

Have liked the Inovit Revolve’s for a long time; like those black satin ones even more.

I have to agree with you guys they look sweet, i said was was not going to look at 20" but with that concave, its got me thinking even though i have just ordered some 18"

Back