Composition Headunit - No Bluetooth

VWcamper2023

Hi I have a small problem with my T6 Transporter panel van basic radio it has no blue tooth. I bought the van last June but have never got the BT to connect with my phone.
Every time I try it says no BT device. I have attached a few photo's but wondered if the radio has the BT module in the head unit or outside in the dash or under seat?
The van has a swivel passenger seat and wonder if that has caused the problem because I see some reference to BT being located under passenger seat?
If any of you wonderful people have any ideas that would be great?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Have you tried a soft reset yet?

If that doesn’t cure it, follow up with:
Yeah I have tried both of them and using menu to do factory reset. If someone can tell me where the BT module is, and if it is part of the head unit I would just replace it. There are loads on ebay etc for sale. It is just so frustrating with no hands free.

There’s a thread on here where someone said the dealer had deactivated Bluetooth on their Comp Media headunit.

You can check it yourself through the FEC/SWaP codes:

You’re looking for ‘0050000’ shown as an installed code. If it isn’t, Bluetooth isn’t active.

Can't get the radio to show any codes FEC/SWaP with the suggested means. So have taken radio out for a lookie. Can anybody tell me what the connections are from left to right?s-l1600.jpg

I think, from left to right, it’ll be
DAB, AM/FM, USB, then the Quadlock for speaker / microphone / CanBus connections.

These won’t tell us why your Bluetooth isn’t working, the FEC / SWaP codes probably will.

This video shows you how to access the installed codes, and at 10 seconds you’ll see the 0050000 Bluetooth code - this is what seems to have been uninstalled from your headunit.

Or at 28/29 seconds with this video with commentary:

You may need Carista,OBDii or VCDS to activate it, though - do you have access to any of these?

@Robert do you know what activation of 50000 Bluetooth would cost the OP?

I wonder if the dealership would do it free?

@Robert do you know what activation of 50000 Bluetooth would cost the OP?

I wonder if the dealership would do it free?
If I hold Setup button for 5/10 sec all I get is the images at the top of this thread, No FEC / SWaP codes or menu to access the codes like the videos. It is a VW basic radio no Sat Nav etc but at a loss with this one.

Check if the coding/adaptations are correct via VCDS for the bluetooth feature as they can be muddled and half activated.

If it's supposed to be activated from factory and that is the correct radio unit for the vehicle as per factory spec AND VCDS proves fruitless then this can be reactivated via ODIS

SWAP controlled functionality can be activated via TOOLBOX these days(for free :)), but this applies to Discover Media and Composition Media only.

I doubt dealership would do anything for free.
If I have to pay to fix it I would rather buy a Upgrade or second hand one off tinternet with BT working.... But does that cause more issues?

If I have to pay to fix it I would rather buy a Upgrade or second hand one off tinternet with BT working.... But does that cause more issues?

Second hand will likely need the Component Protection layer of security to be removed, unless the seller states they have done so already.

An easy OEM upgrade is Discover Media, which will give you sat-nav (and Bluetooth, obvs). There are some listed in the classifieds for sale.

Back