Climate Control Not Working Driver Side But Fine Passenger Side And In The Back

MGT

Just noted our T6 Caravelle isn't changing the temp of the climate control on the drivers side (ie the display shows 26 but blows almost as cold as 18).

I've tried multiple settings to see if whatever gubbins are controlling the direction of the air can be 'nudged' back to working. So far nothing has worked.

Any idea what else I could try? Bit of a pain I'd imagine the dealer will cost a few quid to take the dash out etc.

It is out of warranty so at least have the option of taking it to a decent independant garage :)

I'm pretty confident that reading fault codes would pinpoint the cause and thus help garage to give a decent estimate of costs involved.

Hi all, can anyone offer some advice on a heater problem.
The heating is stone cold on the drivers side but melting on the passenger side.
Both set at HI but still the same

You have to check for errors in the module, no one can help you without this data. You have to do the reading with eg VCDS. This is how we can guess: damaged one of the temperature sensors, damaged harness, damaged or blocked flap motor.

Got a pic of your heater controls?

What one have you got?

Possible issues mentioned above.

Try the battery disconnect to reset the controller.

Hi @LPW - same issue on my 2016 Caravelle... Appreciate any suggestions before investing in an error code reader....

On a 2010 Caravelle but again have the same issue, blowers all work fine just that there is no temp range driver side - cold on anything other than Hi. I have swapped over the temp sensors and swapped out the heater regulator - no joy?! Really keen to hear on other options or know fixes

On a 2010 Caravelle but again have the same issue, blowers all work fine just that there is no temp range driver side - cold on anything other than Hi. I have swapped over the temp sensors and swapped out the heater regulator - no joy?! Really keen to hear on other options or know fixes
Popped to a local garage today and a quick diagnostic check shows 2 x vent temp sensors are not working. My symptoms seem very similar to others so (as in fans all work well, just heat when on Hi only) so hope this helps!

Back