Cleaning Product Advice

AndyNichs

T6 Pro
Hi all, I've just been out and cleaned the van and found loads of little orange/brown bits on the back! They are no where else on the van, just the back bumper and tailgate.

I've tried cleaning it off but it's quite stubborn and won't come off without being aggressive. Can anyone suggest a cleaning product that will remove it? Would something like T-Cut do the job?

IMG_20230211_115731.jpg

IMG_20230211_115753.jpg

Reactions: CJW
Had a pop top or window fitted? Could be metal off sparks. Try Iron X or dragons breath.

Had a pop top or window fitted? Could be metal off sparks. Try Iron X or dragons breath.
Ah that would make sense, I had a reversing camera fitted and they had to drill up above the number plate. Thank you so much...

Thanks all for your advice. I went ahead an ordered a bottle of Iron X but delivery isn't until Tuesday. So I also ordered a bottle of Autoglym Magma which arrived yesterday.

Using the Autoglym I've managed to get all of it off, so thank you for the help. I sprayed the whole tailgate to be sure and noticed that it picked up some iron around the back window as well. Never noticed it their before and pretty sure wouldn't have been there because of the camera install. So I assume it's been there since the back window was installed.

I'm now thinking it might be worthwhile doing the whole van with the Iron X. What are people's thoughts? I guess it wouldn't hurt spraying the whole van now all windows, pop top and cameras have been either cut out or drilled in?

It is a very good product for dissolving imbedded contaminants. Just be mindful that it will also strip an wax or sealant that you may have applied, so that will need doing afterwards.

It is a very good product for dissolving imbedded contaminants. Just be mindful that it will also strip an wax or sealant that you may have applied, so that will need doing afterwards.
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a Saturday job when the weather gets a bit warmer with the radio blasting and a few beers then :thumbsup:

I have autoglym magma which I mainly use as wheel cleaner - I’ve read not to leave too long on paintwork nor let it dry, as it can damage paintwork.

I’d also clay bar the area after which should get any remnants out then polish and wax.

Ohhhh Clay Bar, never used one of those before but I feel a purchase coming on ;) That's my evening taken care off going down the rabbit hole of which clay bar to buy and how to use it...

Any recommendations of make and type?

Back