Clay bar and detailing

I was quoted £350 just to get it ready for gtechnic then a further £350 for that and the X thingy . I would have been tempted at £395 . Did they do it in a day ?

No it took him 2 days as it has to be applied in stages. He's in Worcester if your interested ultimate auto car detailing on Facebook

it cost me £500(mates rates) and it took just over 2 days, had to clay bar it.
had all glass and inside cleaned at the same time,

I’m wanting to make time with the 2 weeks I got off over xmas. To get the t6 clay bared and detailed ect. Can anyone recommend someone in or close to the Leeds area

Thanks in advance

Maybe a bit too far but HDD in Barnsley is very good:thumbsup: can offer what you need and the service to do it if not going down DIY route.
Motorgeek in Dewsbury also good if just buying what you require.

Last edited:
Why not try it yourself?

Halfords sell everything you need although expensive

Get some clay bar & lube and you can’t go far wrong

It’d be worth detarring it first , if it’s particularly bad

Why not try it yourself?

Halfords sell everything you need although expensive

Get some clay bar & lube and you can’t go far wrong

It’d be worth detarring it first , if it’s particularly bad
You can clay bar yourself for sure, but it's very common to leave marring as a result of the "fallout pickup" - you should always machine polish (preferably Dual Action) after using a clay bar in order to correct the paint. There are three steps the decontaminating your paintwork and they run in this order: Iron removal, tar removal, then clay. Plus there are different kinds of clay (soft, medium/regular and hard).

The nearest (PVD approved) detailer to you is Bespoke Detailing Solutions. Failing that, I would also second the recommendation of High Definition Detail, very good!

So not T6 related but hopefully someone can give me some tips,

I have just bought a car that has been sat for around 7 months. I’ve snow foamed it, washed and tried to machine polish it off but nothing, it has what I can only describe as tree sap and what feels/looks like brake dust all over it. I’ve tried to get a picture of what’s on the arches and doors.

Any tips ?

1DFC831C-E955-43C2-A651-CFBAEB8F011B.jpeg

Mist the whole panel withAuto glym glue and tar remover, then a good hot soapy wash after it'll be good as new. Get a 5litre tin off amazon or ebay, it usually comes with a spray bottle too.

Have a go with an iron fallout remover like Iron-X, Autobrite Purple Rain, Auto Finesse Iron Out or similar to remove brake dust and iron particles, then a Tar and glue remover, available from many brands.

It may need a couple of hits looking at the condition, then you’ll have to wash it again.

If you’re going to machine polish it after that, you could also use a clay bar before polishing, but don’t use a clay bar before doing the steps above.

Back