Class 7 MOT Centre in Bristol - Any recommendations?

Mine is a T30 converted van. When mine was due this month, I put the VRM into the website of the company I normally use (pro tyre) and their system couldn't find the vehicle. Put into Kwik Fit, their system said Class 7. Phoned up ProTyre and he couldn't get it on their system either. I told him it was a class 4 (I know they can't do Class 7 at the branch I use) and he booked it in and presumably the DVLA computer for the MOT tester said it was class 4 as they did the MOT. You would have thought it'd be simple enough. I also took my V5 with me should I have needed to argue the point but it wasn't't necessary.

I took mine to a local commercial vehicle/hgv place. 2 reasons:-it’s a t32 and still shows pv on V5 so class 7, and also I don’t think they will be looking to fail it in order to generate repair work as a VW van is not their thing.
Anyway when I went to collect it the guy said he’d changed it’s mot class on the dvla portal to class 4 as it’s a camper van not a commercial and he charged me the lower class 4 price.
So, look for hgv/commercial place if you’re normal garage can’t get his head round it.

I've had four T32 LWB High roof campers and have never had any problems or even queries about testing them as Class 4. All four started life as a Kombi, three were normal roof from manufacture having Reimo roofs fitted for my conversion, the fourth started life as a VW high roof Kombi.

Back