Class 7 MOT Centre in Bristol - Any recommendations?

Just called my regular garage and he is adamant that he can't test a T32 even if it is a Kombi as it is over the 3000kg limit for the Class 4 MOT. No problem though, I will use Streewise Automotive which is the closest of the options recommended above.

I used the council depot on Sandy Park Road to do my first MOT as I wanted it tested as a class 4.
As I understand it, once a vehicle has had its first MOT you can't change it's class and I didn't want it tested as a class 7.

Reactions: JOG
Maybe it is his lift that isn't rated for 3000Kg +?
My Merc 508 was always tested as a class4 - it started life as a class 7 19 seater bus, well over 3000Kg. MoT was always done "as presented" which was as a camper. I had to use a MoT garage that did classs 7 though as no one locally could get it on their lift and needed a pit to get underneath.

Maybe it is his lift that isn't rated for 3000Kg +?
My Merc 508 was always tested as a class4 - it started life as a class 7 19 seater bus, well over 3000Kg. MoT was always done "as presented" which was as a camper. I had to use a MoT garage that did classs 7 though as no one locally could get it on their lift and needed a pit to get underneath.
Same here. My t32 Camper conversion is a class 4, but my local man can’t do it as his lift isn’t rated to 3200kg.

I had my second one done at Kwik-fit.
I wouldn't normally use them for anything but everywhere else was booked up for months.

Just taken my T30 (fully converted camper) to my normal garage in BS6 and 'Computer says no'! They put my reg in and said it needs to be tested as a Class 7. I'm up against it as I've realised that it needs its first MOT whilst we're away down in Devon, hence my having arranged it for today. @Ali-G As it has a second row of seats, can I ask for it to be tested as Class 4? Surely computer has to say yes? :oops:

I'd be arguing that it is a dual purpose vehicle hence class 4.
If they still won't play ball I'd take it somewhere else.
Not sure how long you've got until your holiday, but Bristol City Council say on their website that you should allow a week when booking an appointment. Maybe worth giving them a ring and explain your situation, they can only say no.

@ThreeBridgeT6 , just re-read your post and noticed that your van is a T30.
According to the DVLA website class 4 covers commercial vehicles up to 3000kg gross weight, so if the garage are saying that your van is a commercial it should still be a class 4.

Thanks @Ali-G. This is what I was expecting, but the guy said he'd put the registration into his system and it rejected it as he can't do Class 7 vehicles. I've booked into Halfrauds as a Class 4, as they can do both. I'd like to have the first one done as a 4 so I'm not limited to the number of test centres in future.

Back