Chirrup / Rattle from Dash

WhiskyDisco

Hello,

My 2016 Caravelle has had two annoying problems since the day I collected it. Firstly the A-Pillar speaker crackles when using the phone or listening to talk-radio. Secondly there is a 'chirrup' or very high pitched rattle sound coming from the dashboard. It can be triggered by revving the engine from tickover to 1500 rpm.

The van has been in for investigation but the report was that the fault couldn't be found. I was so annoyed that I say with the delivery driver and called the service department on the phone - clearly demonstrating the speaker crackle and squeak from the dash. It sounds as though a blown/loose speaker is the culprit, but I'm not sure they are related.

The van goes back in tomorrow but I wonder if anyone else has found the same 'chirrup' sound as 1500 rpm?

I have read a couple of theads where some have had a rattle vut it was from the plastic cover to the front/middle of the dash, down by the windscreen..

But yours sounds as if it beneath the surface?.

Thanks Fish. The vehicle is at the dealers having the a-pillar speaker replaced. Hopefully the test drive will reveal the squeak to be fixed, or still remaining. If remaining it could well be the rectangle on the dash - is this the dusk/dawn sensor for the headlights??

Light sensor is stuck to windscreen behind rear view mirror

Hi fellas, so it turns out that the a-pillar speaker was defective and the chirrup was coming from a clip holding the airbag in place. The clip was adjusted and chirrup no more!

Big thanks to the ever-helpful Swansway Birmingham for sorting it all out under warranty.

I had a annoying noise from the A pillar and a squeaky seat base, weirdly they have both gone quiet now???

Back