Chipping

Dave54

my pride and joy a T6 18 plate 150 , DSG , i’m not a Diy guy , I am thinking of chipping but hear so many +/- comments , is it safe with a DSG BOX , is it worth it for better fuel economy ? thanks all for replies

...or "Pendle Performance"
cheers mate , i’m so in mech i don’t know diff between chipping and re-mapping , will look into it , but if you feel like humouring need , you could briefly explain . Dave

My full camper van conversion in a basic startline came with a 102ps engine. It’s a manual and the power was adequate…just about. So I got it remapped to 179ps. Now less need to overwork the poor little thing. :rofl: I don’t want to race away from lights so it mainly works in the mid rev range. Which is great when climbing and gives confidence when overtaking. I see no reason why a DSG should be any problem.The DSG150 ps engine should give more than enough wellie to an empty van. However with a sensible remap from a reputable company you’ll have more torque meaning less need for kickdown which can only be good for economy and life of engine.

My full camper van conversion in a basic startline came with a 102ps engine. It’s a manual and the power was adequate…just about. So I got it remapped to 179ps. Now less need to overwork the poor little thing. :rofl: I don’t want to race away from lights so it mainly works in the mid rev range. Which is great when climbing and gives confidence when overtaking. I see no reason why a DSG should be any problem.The DSG150 ps engine should give more than enough wellie to an empty van. However with a sensible remap from a reputable company you’ll have more torque meaning less need for kickdown which can only be good for economy and life of engine.
thanks mate , it’s the exon i’m trying to boost , happy with the acceleration , and like you don’t want to burn away at lights etc , but. with the conversion ( not in picture now full with pop up roof ) and us and 2 teenagers only getting about 33-35 to gal , would like to improve on that

We have a Revo sale on too for the software. And being a TVS dealer we can map your gearbox too, which is a fantastic upgrade. Drop us a message or give me a call and I’ll run through it all with you.

As always this is available as a drive in drive out service.

We have a Revo sale on too for the software. And being a TVS dealer we can map your gearbox too, which is a fantastic upgrade. Drop us a message or give me a call and I’ll run through it all with you.

As always this is available as a drive in drive out service.
thanks will do , we are off the croatia next week , will be in touch when back

"Chipping" is an outdated phrase from the 80's and 90's when the ECU was physically opened up and a new "chip" being soldered onto the circuit board that contained modified file.

These days, modified files are uploaded via the diagnostic port, just like any other sort of software update.

is it worth it for better fuel economy ?
No, although some people report slight improvements in fuel economy, you would be unlikely to save enough money by increased fuel economy to pay for a remap. My van is remapped and there are many benefits, but any tiny fuel saving you might see would take decades to cover the cost.

my pride and joy a T6 18 plate 150 , DSG , i’m not a Diy guy , I am thinking of chipping but hear so many +/- comments , is it safe with a DSG BOX , is it worth it for better fuel economy ? thanks all for replies
Only one person I will trust with my van now and that is @Dav-Tec already had me EGR deleted, and remapped. Went from 204 to 257, pulls like a train and I get better fuel economy. The big bonus is the map is a custom map for your engine not an off the shelf map.

I now have zero lag, my max revs went from 4500 to 4800 and it’s now got huge torque with the extra 53bhp.

Fuel economy, I now get 45miles per tanks more.

The DSG upgrade is a no brainer once your engine has been custom mapped.

My advise get Chris @Dav-Tec to look after your pride and joy, I did and I can honestly say you will not regret it.

If you still have doubts read the reviews @Dav-Tec gets from other other forum members.

"Chipping" is an outdated phrase from the 80's and 90's when the ECU was physically opened up and a new "chip" being soldered onto the circuit board that contained modified file.

These days, modified files are uploaded via the diagnostic port, just like any other sort of software update.
This post stirred a few memories. Took me right back to the sixties when I was a bit of a Mini maniac. This “breathed on” engine in those days had twin SU carbs and skimmed head. Couldn’t even dream about just plugging something in to alter the parameters.

Screenshot 2022-07-24 at 11.57.39.png

Back