Chinese knock off diesel stove has CRACKED after only a few weeks!

QPiepelr65

Ford Transit Connect
Ok people might be saying the old buy cheap buy twice but I wasn't willing to pay 1800 smackers at the time anyway. I still don't know if I am given that a gas setup could be achieved for a similar price all in with installation and such.

The crack happened after driving for around 7 hours in wales but nothing crazy like off roading. I was only driving on main public roads, some which had roadworks and potholes but as such the stove is not fit for purpose if it couldn't handle normal road conditions.

When I got home I saw what looked like a little shard of glass on the worktop and sure enough when I opened the hood the ceramic top is cracked in several places.

I could pay through the nose for the official wallas but I do wonder if any ceramic top would be subject to the same risk of cracking on bumps. Then again I have not read users of wallas's report this online but had indeed read another report of this before even buying this chinese replica on another forum.

I am questioning whether it is worth it the whole diesel only fuel thing because the little convenience seems outweighed by the possible trouble it could bring given how niche they are and thus hard to deal with if anything goes wrong. The price thing seems moot now as the savings in diesel are redundant when you have to pay for the massive outlay of the stove and so even the costly installation of propex and gas canister underslung tank combined coming to a similar price it still seems better given the much more widespread use of gas and more options for cooking stoves.

Got some pics for context?

Back