Chilli Jam Vans - T6.1 Eibach lowering springs

Schoey

VIP Member
After some great advice from Brett at Chilli Jam Vans I've ordered a set of T6.1 Eibach Adjustable lowering springs comfort 2 from them.
I wanted to lower my van but retain some of the riding comfort so didn't want to opt for a full sports suspension pack. After reading several threads on the T6 forum and google searching various recommended sites Chilli's came up trumps. Some of the other suppliers springs on offer didn't accommodate the new rubber mounting cup on the T6.1 . I found Brett great and straight forward to chat with and no hard sell. Looking forward to fitting the new springs and giving my van a new and improved look and ride.
Thanks again Chilli Jam Vans

Here's a few lines from my 'Van with a view' post on 9 June relating to these Springs and Chilli Jam Vans .....

' Picked up the 199 4M after fitment of it's new Eibach Comfort 2 Springs today and gave it a blast along the coast road between Portreath and St. Agnes here in West Cornwall . Stopped at one of my favourite view points overlooking Porthtowan . The Eibach's are a vast improvement over standard springs and although ride is a little bit firmer , comfort is not compromised in any way plus cornering is just on another level. Great service from Brett and the team at Chilli Jam Vans who supplied and fitted the Eibachs.'

Hi Ian , here's a couple of pics although van was parked on a slight left hand road camber ... it had a 45mm drop on factory settings although being a 4M T32 it might have had a slightly higher original factory setting than a 2WD . Gaps front and rear appear very similar and Brett is gong to re-check everything when it's done a few hundred miles. I am delighted with the overall improvement in ride quality and cornering and although the remaining gap will horrify the slam boys , it's a huge improvement on the original one ! Not sure I can understand the sill height issue that you have , logically it does not make sense unless I'm reading it incorrectly .

9 June 2020 (17).jpg9 June 2020 (22).jpg9 June 2020 (26).jpg

thank you for sending the pictures. Your van looks great and the height / gap on the wheels arches looks spot on. I think I'm going to raise mine a little on the rear to more like the ride height you have. I'm also very pleased with the improved ride especially in the corners. And hell yes you are living the dream with a great van and living in Cornwall too ! Hoping to be there with the family this August. Rented a house out near Padstow for two weeks ! Iain

Finally fitted a set of T6.1 Eibach Adjustable lowering springs comfort 2. ordered from Chilli Jam Vans. Had to do a bit of re-setting on the rear adjustable springs, but now very happy with how the van sits and the improved ride too. I didn't want the van slammed down, just a little lower ( 40mm approx) with improved handling. Definitely less role in the bends and still not a harsh ride either ! Thanks Brett at Chilli Jam Vans for the setting up info too, excellent. :)

Van Springs.jpgVan bars.jpg

Big thanks to Brett from Chillijam Vans who have some great advice about changing from Eibach race 55 lowered springs to the Eibach Comfort 2 springs. Just driven back from the garage who did the work and it’s like being in a different van. Expensive but defo worth the money. Even the guys from the Chop Shop in Consett said they were very good quality bits of kit. Many thanks.

Another very satisfied customer of Chilli Jam Vans - just back from a trip to Cornwall and their fitting of the Eibach Comfort 1 springs. Great service and advice from Brett and his team who also fitted a VW California awning rail to my Bilbo's converted T6. She now sits about 45mm lower with a slight dip to the front with vastly improved handling.
Very pleased with the outcome and can't recommend Chilli Van Jams highly enough :thumbsup:IMG_20200718_120810.jpg

I've had my T6.1 for a couple of weeks, and lowering a little is top of the list. These seem to be the way forward as do Chilli Jam Vans!... Trouble is I'm in Derbyshire so Cornwall is quite a hike. How was are these Eibach's to fit? Although I can always take a fews days holiday in Cornwall and let the pro's do it :cool: Thanks for any info!:)
@Chilli Jam Vans

Finally fitted a set of T6.1 Eibach Adjustable lowering springs comfort 2. ordered from Chilli Jam Vans. Had to do a bit of re-setting on the rear adjustable springs, but now very happy with how the van sits and the improved ride too. I didn't want the van slammed down, just a little lower ( 40mm approx) with improved handling. Definitely less role in the bends and still not a harsh ride either ! Thanks Brett at Chilli Jam Vans for the setting up info too, excellent. :)

View attachment 74184View attachment 74185

Hi.
Straightforward forward to fit. Potentially a little adjustment required on the rears once fitted and settled but this is a quick job.
We have quite a few companies that we supply these to now, so if you want to PM us your post code I can recommend your nearest. Failing that, a reputable garage that has experience in lowering Transporters can fit without issue.
Without a doubt the best lowing spring only kit on the market. You won't be disappointed.
Regards,
Brett

I'd recommend the few days in Cornwall Starlight .....best of both worlds , a break in a wonderful part of the world and the knowledge that the Eibach's are being fitted properly by great people who love their trade .

I found them an incredibly good ride on our previous T6 T32 DSG Kombi Demo. Running 19's with 245 45 19 tyres and standard dampers, so guessing you'll loose a little in comfort compared to my setup on thinner profile tyres but will still offer a very nice ride for sure.

Last edited:

View attachment 74184View attachment 74185
What mm gap do you have from the top of the tyre to the arch?

After some great advice from Brett at Chilli Jam Vans I've ordered a set of T6.1 Eibach Adjustable lowering springs comfort 2 from them.
I wanted to lower my van but retain some of the riding comfort so didn't want to opt for a full sports suspension pack. After reading several threads on the T6 forum and google searching various recommended sites Chilli's came up trumps. Some of the other suppliers springs on offer didn't accommodate the new rubber mounting cup on the T6.1 . I found Brett great and straight forward to chat with and no hard sell. Looking forward to fitting the new springs and giving my van a new and improved look and ride.
Thanks again Chilli Jam Vans
Outstanding service and advice on all levels

Back