T6.1 eibach springs on T6 shocks

Led Sandwich

VIP Member
Hi all, I’ve just picked up some T6.1 eibach max low springs off a mate, they have removable rubber boots on the tail for the T6.1 shocks I was wondering if anyone had unclipped these and fitted them to T6 shocks or if I was better of picking up new shocks before fitting?
Thanks
Aaron

Do they have any markings on them, I have the regular Eibach springs on my T6 and if they are the same I'll let you know.

I’ll grab a pic when I get home; it’s only the fronts that have the boot, it’s an anti vibration thing for the t6.1. Worst case I’ll get some delivery mileage 6.1 shocks as mine have done 67k

Hi all, I’ve just picked up some T6.1 eibach max low springs off a mate, they have removable rubber boots on the tail for the T6.1 shocks I was wondering if anyone had unclipped these and fitted them to T6 shocks or if I was better of picking up new shocks before fitting?
Thanks
Aaron
If you fit a T6.1 spring to a T6 then the van will go 20 mm lower than what the spring is rated at ,, IE 40 mm spring will give 60 mm so some caution needed as the ride quality at 60 mm, with standard shocks will be Yuck . The rubber boot is a cheap nasty way of replicating the VW lower spring noise isolator that comes with the standard T6.1 springs .

Back