Carista tweaks

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone got the Beta version of the Carista T6 software?

I've seen that they have had users on Beta since early this year, but their site says that they only currently support reading faults for the T6.

It's a really popular App over on the Audi Forums. As I have the premium sub and the wifi ODB2, I was hoping that I would be able to tweak a few things, but it's fault codes only.

I've just emailed to see if I can also join the Beta, but was hoping that there was a couple of other Carista users out there.

Cali owner Mike, (on the Cali forum) has been testing the beta for a while and had some success recently with features like auto locking etc.

Last edited:
Carista came back and said the T6 support is in version 3.2 of the App, which I hadn't upgraded to. So will be good to see what is available now - I'll be trying this when I eventually get my Kombi.

Well, pinched the Carista module thingy from the mechanic at work today and plugged it into the van.. £7 later I now have auto locking once moving, doors unlocking when key out, tear wipe after using washers, dial sweep (like that), fog lights on as coming home lights plus they stay on longer, amount to refill tank on mfd.. pretty cool for 5 minutes worth of playing. Hopefully they will keep adding to the functions available.. so I can recommend it for simple mods and a lot cheaper than getting the dealer to do it. Anyone in Sussex who wants similar get in touch... only have 6 days left of my pro subscription

Ok so can confirm that you can turn off DRLs and if you do turn them off and you have the new led DRL in the grills they still work.. bonus. You can also turn off the rear wipe but it only happens if auto wipers are on and reverse selected. If that makes sense

Ok so can confirm that you can turn off DRLs and if you do turn them off and you have the new led DRL in the grills they still work.. bonus. You can also turn off the rear wipe but it only happens if auto wipers are on and reverse selected. If that makes sense

Excellent your a star. I will order it now.

Sorry to be a pain...

Does Carista allow you to change the wing mirror heaters so they come on with the rear window demister? :)

With VCDS the only option is to have wing mirrors with rear screen not front

My Carista OBD arrived today and wow it's just so easy. Within minutes of the the delivery guy leaving it was plugged and everything changed that I needed so happy days here and that calls for a pint.
Sounds good was that the £38 ebayunit with one month free pro access?
What have you changed on your T6 settings?

£31 of Amazon for the unit that just plugs in under dash in the drivers side. Out of the box and paired with the app it acts a diagnostics reader but if you pay for the pro app which is either £7.99 for 1 week or £33.99 with one month free for the year you can change all the customised settings.

I have turned of the factory DRL's because I have LED ones in the bumper, disabled the rear wiper when selecting reverse, auto lock/unlock, dial sweep, heated mirrors with rear heated windscreen, changed the MFD to Australia and teardrop wipers. I also played around with all the settings on our Audi so felling happy.

I have got the pro app for 7 days so anyone local to Derby can feel free to use it before it expires.

They all do buts it's one months free when you subscribe to a year which I didn't need

Back