CBE PC210 and water pump

JetSetWilly

T6 Pro
Recently got my van back from conversion, I've only got a 13 litre fresh water tank with an electric pump. In order to use the tap, I was instructed to turn on the pump via the CBE PC210 panel, then use the tap, then turn off the pump via the panel. Is this normal? I've stayed in caravans with independent water pumps (not mains water connected) and I've always been able to leave the pump on whether using the tap or not. I was told if I leave the pump on it will burn out, so I'd rather not find out the hard way.

Seems a bit weird. As I understand it, the switch is usually activated by the act of turning on (and off) the tap but someone with a lot more expertises than me will be along very soon.

I was told the same but upon interrogation they explained that if I turned the tap on accidentally and left the pump running it would burn out if left on too long or, even worse if the water ran out and it was running ‘dry’.
They said it wasn't essential but a good habit to get into ‘just in case’ as it was the most common issue they had in after sales (burnt out pumps).

I was told the same but upon interrogation they explained that if I turned the tap on accidentally and left the pump running it would burn out if left on too long or, even worse if the water ran out and it was running ‘dry’.
They said it wasn't essential but a good habit to get into ‘just in case’ as it was the most common issue they had in after sales (burnt out pumps).

That sounds like better advice, although I totally understand the pump will burn out if dry.

I'll try it again with extended time intervals using the tap and see if the pump cuts out.

Back