Carpet Lining Tomorrow - Any Last Second Advice?

20200506_202637.jpg

Got up to here for today! Planning to finish tomorrow and really hoping that I can pull and stretch it up and round to finish in one piece!

View attachment 68834

Got up to here for today! Planning to finish tomorrow and really hoping that I can pull and stretch it up and round to finish in one piece!
Looking good!
Be extra careful cutting out the excess in the doorway to relieve the strain of stretching round the D pillar. It's very tempting to make large cuts but all too easy to underestimate how much material you need right in the corner.

Looking good!
Be extra careful cutting out the excess in the doorway to relieve the strain of stretching round the D pillar. It's very tempting to make large cuts but all too easy to underestimate how much material you need right in the corner.

Thanks bud, I will keep that in mind. It's going to have to stretch quite a bit for me to get it around that corner. A lot of tension on the ground near the wheel arch at the moment.
I have the super stretch so should be able to get quite a bit out of it and its meant to be hot tomorrow.

@The Bear78 Did you give yourself much excess at the top? Most of my excess is at the bottom. Should have given myself more at the top that probably would of helped.

I kept the top edge about 2" above the ceiling mounting flange from the B pillar back. In hindsight I wondered if curving it up toward the back or even starting with more excess at the top would have helped.
The strip along the top of the rear door opening is thin and long enough to correct quite a large deviation if you did angle it up. However, the hardest part (after stretching to the rearmost corners) is trying to keep the carpet roll low enough along the second/last side. I would imagine that anything you do to make life easier at the back will make this last part even harder!

I kept the top edge about 2" above the ceiling mounting flange from the B pillar back. In hindsight I wondered if curving it up toward the back or even starting with more excess at the top would have helped.
The strip along the top of the rear door opening is thin and long enough to correct quite a large deviation if you did angle it up. However, the hardest part (after stretching to the rearmost corners) is trying to keep the carpet roll low enough along the second/last side. I would imagine that anything you do to make life easier at the back will make this last part even harder!

Managed to get it done! I see what you mean it is a constant battle against the carpet! Got around the tailgate and had to stretch a lot. Then it was the other way for me, I had to battle to keep the carpet roll up which helped when I got to the sliding door as I could cut away the door way, giving me more leverage to get it up and along.
20200507_100224.jpg

I will take some pictures over the weekend of it finished as I didn't get any earlier.

Was hard work and wouldn't want to do a one piece again anytime soon! o_O

Good work! Mine was also hard to keep high enough, I'm not sure why I said the other way around. The last window opposite the sliding door was certainly the hardest bit. It would make sense to start there and finish at the sliding door frame as the cut out will help massively.

Reactions: Rg_
Back