Carista Not As Good As It Seems

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
Having made some changes to my T6 was seemingly happy with things, locking the doors when moving, unlocking them when removing key, turn off daytime rl, BUT............
Went in for a service and had to point out that my heated mirrors don’t work, it was the carista

Main dealer, noticed the heated mirrors switch came up as not installed, the software was reflashed and updated, the door locking stopped the daytime rl were back and heated mirrors switch installed, so in went the carista and adjusted the lights and locks, boom the heated mirrors became uninstalled, reset and repeated, the same thing, Carista is causing that error, I wonder what else it’s doing!!
A friend with another 18plate T6 used carista and complained his heated mirrors aren’t working

if anyone is suffering with non working heated mirrors, this may well be your problem, worth looking especially if you’ve used a carista

Carista Dom is a member of this forum, why not raise this with him?

Interesting.
I've been using my Carista for a couple of years now, in fact only recently renewed my subscription. I've made many changes on mine, and loads of other Transporters, Golfs and even a couple of Mini's and never had any issues. I did notice there was an update on the app the other day though, if this is related?

Last edited:
I really need the beep when doors are locking and unlocking, locking when driving away and unlocking when removing key, but as soon as I activate this the heated mirrors stop functioning
If anyone can do via another source please help, happy to pay the going rate

Hampshire based but can travel

I've made the same changes with Carista and that post makes me wonder now whether or not mine are working now. I used the van for the first time in cold (but not frosty) weather yesterday morning and it crossed my mind how rubbish the heated mirrors were before I wiped them off with a sponge squeegee thing! I also suspect that this is something that Carista should be able to sort out fairly easily if it becomes apparent that it's a common issue.

Andy, Do you know whether or not the mirrors can be sorted just by reversing the changes made by Carista (or maybe even one particular change) or whether the dealer has to use VCDS to get the mirrors heating again?

I've made the same changes with Carista and that post makes me wonder now whether or not mine are working now. I used the van for the first time in cold (but not frosty) weather yesterday morning and it crossed my mind how rubbish the heated mirrors were before I wiped them off with a sponge squeegee thing! I also suspect that this is something that Carista should be able to sort out fairly easily if it becomes apparent that it's a common issue.

Andy, Do you know whether or not the mirrors can be sorted just by reversing the changes made by Carista (or maybe even one particular change) or whether the dealer has to use VCDS to get the mirrors heating again?

Ayjay

we reversed it and it didn’t remedy

easy way to see if they’re working, turn them on and wait 3 minutes you’ll feel the difference if they’re working

the only way I could remedy it was to have vw redo the vcds

I made the same changes and mirrors heat perfectly

you’re the lucky one then!! I’ve spoken with 7 people now, and another here who have the same issue, I’ve asked Ivan@Carista customer support and awaiting any possible solution

you’re the lucky one then!! I’ve spoken with 7 people now, and another here who have the same issue, I’ve asked Ivan@Carista customer support and awaiting any possible solution

Mine is a euro multivan highline, think that's a caravelle in uk?

What happens if you leave the drl on?

I agree. Changing the country to Australia (to get the large MPH read-out) stopped my nearside daytime running light from working. Changed back to the UK and it still won't work.

Is there anyone with vcds in or around Southampton that can make the changes? I’ve now lost my large mph reading and it’s gone back to kmh

happy to pay

Back