Caravelle Cup holder cassette replaced.

Wafu

T6 Pro
Hi all, Apologies if this has been done before but I thought i'd show how I changed my Table drink's cassette.

I removed the whole table from the van. Extend the table to full height.
IMG_1654.jpg

I then looked underneath and then removed the bright steel screws and the half 'shell' plastic that then allowed me to remove the whole table section from the base. this shows the screws removed, 7 screws in total, 5 vertical, 2 horizontal. Remove the half moon section from the table, then slide the table off the post, Slide it do not pull it up.

IMG_1652.jpg

With the table removed and facing down, this exposed the centre of the table circular plate with two square holes in.

Prise the two tabs in towards the centre and ease the plate off, exposing the multiple teeth.
IMG_1650.jpg

Then release all the claws to remove the white spacer and the black ring.
IMG_1648.jpg

This will release the table from the table base unit with the cassettes in. Once exposed, turn it over and it shows both drinks cassettes. depress the silver tabs and draw the cassette from the table.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

withdraw the cassette and then push your new one in.

Assemble in reverse, I had a bit of a fiddle getting the table top back onto the post. Take your time and take note of the locating tabs on the post and the table, make sure you have both white rings together before sliding back into the half moon portion of the table fitting.

IMG_1651.jpg

Hope this helps?

IMG_1651.jpg

It was part of a pre-purchase deal. It was broken when I went to buy my new van and they said they would replace it, kelsuprise it was still broken when I picked the van up. It took a few weeks for the sales guy, the stores and the dispatcher to finally get all the correct parts to me.

Thanks for reply , I’ve just. Bought mine and yes all cup holders were broken ! I’ve just replaced the dash holder with one from van-x , easy job, the table looks more daunting but I’ll give it a go. Cheers

Just followed this and removed the broken cassettes. Great guide, thank you!

Just did this myself, but quickly realised that the table doesn’t need to be removed at all from the pole or any screws removed.
Just extend the table, rotate 180 and tip it on its side.
No screws need to be removed, you just need to remove the underside centre table hole cover (picture 2 above) and the black retaining ring and 1st white collar ring.
The table top lifts straight off and you can just push the 2 retaining tabs for the cup assembly.
Took less than 5 mins and just clicks back together.

The hardest part is stomaching the cost of the cup holder assembly from the dealer, however as it’s only the front curved bezel that unique to the caravelle table so the part can be got from other donor golf/bora cars for a lot less. (Think it was a option on US cars for the rear seats)

I've listed the part numbers for this repair and alternate golf/bora unit that can be used by swapping the straight front bezel over for the curved one

VW Transporter Drinks Holder Black 1J0862533D2QL

1J0862533D92W Volkswagen Golf Drinks Holder Black

Fits the following Models:-

• VW Bora 1J 1999-2001
  • VW Bora 1J 2002
  • VW Bora 1J 2003-2005
  • VW Golf 1J 1998-2001
  • VW Golf 1J 2002
  • VW Golf 1J 2003-2006
  • VW Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan 7H 2016-
  • VW Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan 7H 2003-2005
  • VW Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan 7H 2010-2011