Car Play Siri Issues

Andy Cody

T6 Pro
Hey.
I've just taken delivery of a 6 month old T30 Kombi with the Car Play feature but unfortunately the dealer forgot to put the owners manual in the glovebox so I'm trying to figure out a few things without it. I've connected my iPhone 5S to car play and managed to play music and use the maps but messaging (and Siri in general) just isn't happening.
Is anyone else having issues?
The Hey Siri command works. i.e. she asks what I would like but then for some reason she can't hear the next command no matter what I say. I'm assuming the audio isn't getting through as the Siri wave at the bottom of the screen doesn't seem to move.

Thanks!,

Andy

IPhone 5s, really slow when doing anything with text messages and you need to connect with USB cable.

Music works ok but prefer using bluetooth.

Built in handsfree is perfectly adequate for phone usage.

To access car play you must select menu then app connect, I know its only one extra button press but using the VW Discover seems much easier to me.

iPhone 6S and works great but seldom use it TBH unless phone needs charging, once bluetooth is synced does everything it needs to
Go back to dealer and insist on a manual, they are available as a spare part if all else fails

Interesting. I wonder if it's an issue with my phone as opposed to car play then. I have the latest software but it does seem a bit clunky compared to my girlfriends 6s. I'll hook the 6s up tonight and give it a try.

Dealer is sending out a new owners manual so that should help too!

So, tried the 6s and it worked fine. Oddly my 5s seemed to work better after that too however Siri is still very buggy.
Really annoying at it feels like it's so close to being something useful

So, tried the 6s and it worked fine. Oddly my 5s seemed to work better after that too however Siri is still very buggy.
Really annoying at it feels like it's so close to being something useful
Sounds like a good excuse for a new iPhone 7 :)

Back